Connection Status Unknown...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tulatin, 9 Aug 2007.

1. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Connection Status Unknown:
    Server Excecution Failed

Better known as what Vista decides to tell me as/before/after it locks up my network and sharing center, and the reason for it to take 10 minutes to see the networks i have to connect to... any ideas? Using some random Linksys Wireless G card with the XP drivers, based on the Ralink chipset, on a P5B under Vista, of course.

2. diasam

diasam What's a Dremel?

I think THAT might be the problem.

If the wireless card is not very new, then the driver probably came with the Vista disk (although I'm not sure what to do if the computer CAME with Vista installed on it). Try installing the drivers from the Vista DVD disk, or let Vista automatically find the driver for you in the Windows folder (if Vista came pre-installed with the computer). I have a D-link card and it worked fine when I installed the drivers from Vista disk. Also, don't forget to check the driver downloads in Linksys website for your model, because it might (or should) have a separate drivers download for Vista.

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

There's no drivers for the card on the vista DVD, i tried that unfortunately. Similarly, there was jack for vista drivers. Initially, it worked fine, surprisingly, and went downhill from there.

Edit: Woooo!gle Found me this:
    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1395418&page=1

Last edited: 9 Aug 2007
Tags: