1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 2 problems and solutions... Post 'em here!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FIBRE+, 12 Jun 2005.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

oh well. Been PWNing on 2142, and loving it!

2. hawkboy189

hawkboy189 What's a Dremel?

BattleField 2 running problem

Problem:

When I launch the game, it goes to a black screen then it goes to my desktop and it disappears help? :wallbash:

3. adamharris

adamharris What's a Dremel?

i need help !! how come i am only getting about 16 servers when i use to get 1000 or so

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Try updating to patch 1.41 ?

-Fr4nk

5. adamharris

adamharris What's a Dremel?

what are your drivers and that called
    it is most probly yoru graphics card

6. mr trooper

mr trooper What's a Dremel?

HEEEELLLLLLPPPP PLZ

hey hey all
    i have some seriously battlefield 2 problems, and im worried no one is going to reply to this as it is a considerably long time since the last reply...but here goes
    during install (no matter how many times i reinstall) the installer says i have missing files, but i can ignore them. i ignore all, restart etc, then attempt to load. screen goes black, flickers (like its spose too), then goes back to desktop. WTF. no pop ups, no errors, no 'your system requirements arn't good enough', almost like nothing happened. my system requirements are:
    vid card - sapphire 2400 HD pro AGP edition
    Ram - 1.5gb DDR elite high performance ram
    CPU - intel 2.40 GHZ
    (need anything else? thats all thats important i think)

but yeah thanks, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as having a great game i can only look at on youtube enviously (unless you count staring at the desktop exe. playing.....) is not exactly what i had in mind when i bought bf2............

thanks!
    mr trooper

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'd try downloading the installer again.

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Whats your Operating System? XP, Vista?
    It could also be either your DVD drive skipping, and therefore not installing the required files, or your Game disk is damaged.
    Tell us your OS first, and try using a different PC (if you have one) to install the game, if it works on a different machine, then it could be your drive.
    Hope this helps

Sam

9. mr trooper

my opperating system is windows xp. however a few things i forgot to add, my computer doesnt have a dvd or cd drive, so i compensated. i opened the disk up on another computer and copy and pasted the files onto an external harddrive, installed on my computer, then used a crack to run it. ive tried installing even a basic cd player in my computer but just doesnt work, fairly old computer. i cant use any other computers in my home as this is the only one that will run it, but all aspects of the pc are fairly good considering how old it is. it can play all steam games in full graphics, so unless the video card is an unregistered chip set and won't be played by bf2, i dont see myself having a hardware fault.
    thanks
    mr trooper

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hum, it sounds like a fault in the copy process. Are your computers on a network, because you could share the DVD drive on the other machine, and install direct from that machines dvd drive onto your PC, i'm affraid i can't think of much more atm. As for your PC Specs, there perfectly fine to run BF2, so i don't think its a hardware problem, just a problem when you copy the files from the DVD onto your ext HDD.

Sam

11. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Have you tried copying the entire contents of your DVD across to your hard drive and running it from there?

12. mr trooper

bf 2 problems continued

ive tried updating to patch 1.41 not luck, and atm i am copying the entire contents of the dvd onto the portable hdd, then running it from there so it should work. i just downloaed special forces in the hope that adding that too my game will make it run a-ok but im cant find a crack for it just yet. ill update with result asap
    thanks
    mr trooper

13. arsa

arsa What's a Dremel?

need help!!

I don't know what is wrong!!! when finish playing bf2 my stats, awards, ranks and medals aren't getting saved!! i play on ranked server and i have registered bf2. please answer asap! :confused::confused::confused:

14. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Is it a new install? They can take a while to show up

15. arsa

arsa What's a Dremel?

i installed bf 5-6 days ago... and still i get same medals over and over again!!! :wallbash:

16. arsa

arsa What's a Dremel?

1.41 patch

I've downloaded new full patch. Can someone tell me how to install it? i have install icon on desktop but when i try to start it nothing happends?

17. QueenG420

QueenG420 Live. Laugh. Love.

I need some help im sooo lost

I installed the battlefield patch thing and now it wont let me in any room it says punkbuster keeps kicking then it says Restriction: Inadequate o/s Privileges. What does that mean and how do I fix it??:jawdrop:

18. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

You need to run it as an adminstrator if you're using Vista. :thumb:

19. QueenG420

QueenG420 Live. Laugh. Love.

thank you never thought of that were new to vista

20. crowboy

crowboy What's a Dremel?

Problem: whenever I load the game, it comes up with a blue screen say that windows detected a problem and has shut down. Help!!!!!!!