1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idaho senator arrested in airport bathroom

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 28 Aug 2007.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Original story

As someone mentioned before, we needs a "WTF" tag

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

So much for "family values." Politicians never fail to give amusement as well as aggravation.

3. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

Not exactly a surprise...

There's a school of thought in psychology that says you can sort gay men into two camps:
    1. Homosexuals
    2. Homophobes

Physical measurements have show that men who express strong homophobic sentiments have identical vascular responses as openly gay men when presented with visual stimuli.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Tapping one's foot in the toilet is sign of wanting sexual action? No wonder I don't get anything when I'm in the ladies!

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I couldn't work out if he was tapping his own foot, or tapping the police officers foot.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Tapping your foot's considered lewd conduct in Minnesota?

WTF indeed...

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Without a copy of the police report, the only thing we have to go on is the fact that the Senator was tapping his foot, and that the officer took that as a request for some generic "lewd conduct." I tap my feet every time I go to loo. To think, there could be a bunch of gay men running around my building, looking for me! They'll be disappointed when they find out that I was tapping my foot because I was bored.

I'm content to roll my eyes and move along.

-monkey

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

it is kinda funny :)

9. Cthippo

Original story

What's interesting about this is it's the Republicans' his own party, having a fit about it. Most Democrats / liberals I've heard from on the talk shows are taking the attitude of "So he was trying to pick up a man in an airport bathroom. What's wrong with that?"

10. DougEdey

I love the way it's "Guilty until proven innocent"

11. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

He plead guilty. That means he said he was guilty, not innocent. He was hoping to keep it hidden. Since there are still a few news outlets that aren't owned by Viacom, GE, Disney, or Murdoch, it managed to leak out two months after he entered his plea.

Also:
    1) The police report goes into quite a bit of detail, and things went way beyond a little foot tapping.
    2) Some of his sex partners have come forward as well, and they report he likes it in public restrooms.

Source Idaho Statesman:
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/273/story/144657.html
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/story/144047
    (Police report and other stories also available here)

I saw his press conference in Boise today... oh man! Let it suffice to say that it didn't do much to settle the situation. Most people in the US Northwest feel that anyone who has gone out of his way to the extent Craig has to make life miserable for gays deserves this kind of scrutiny.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2007
  12. DougEdey

My bad, I thought he would have tried to retake that. But I'm sorry, that's a stupid thing to be arrested for. What next?

13. Cthippo

Original story

What's great about this is that just a couple months ago, andother republican senator, David Vitter was discovered to have been using Washington prostitutes for quite a number of years. No one condemned him, or called his behavior "unforgivable, rather fellow republicans showed their support by giving him a standing ovation when he walked into the senate the next day. Appearently sex is only wrong if you're poor or gay. :sigh:

14. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

So basically he got arrested for asking for sex?

I don't see how that is a problem, if the guy said no and he kept asking that's harassment but it doesn't say anywhere that he did that.

Plus it doesn't sound true, because honestly who asks for sex from someone you haven't seen and who is pooping?