1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master Cosmos

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. evanbraakensiek

evanbraakensiek What's a Dremel?

Always liked Coolermaster and this looked just as stunning as some of their other cases. I particullary liked the pull put drive feature.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

It looks like a toaster, a very nice toaster but still, a toaster nonetheless.

Not that I would be discounting it as a potential choice as a new case as I have had my ATC201 for years now and it is still up there at the top as far as I am concerned.

4. mashles

mashles What's a Dremel?

Looks nice enough, but at that price... go a little higher and get a stacker.

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Stacker 830 shape of course, the 832 doesn't look so good with the more solid front.

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

a very beautiful toaster, i agree. it looks great, build quality looks awesome, performance is good, it *looks* very silent, bottomline it has everything u want in a new case (except the price tag, as usual). but not all of my buddies are "IT-updated" as they should be, and the less of them would definitely sees it as... hey, that case looks like a big toaster.

7. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I like that whole drive cage setup, but I would be blown away by it if it had connectors in each slot to allow you to remove a drive without having to remove both case panels, sort of like a hot-swap setup but you wouldn't actually be hot-swapping. Amazing case though, I like the rounded edge around the inside, looks very forgiving on the forearms.

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I'd be interested in seeing some hdd temps. Especially in a room a little warmer than room temp (and definitely warmer than office temps).

9. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

I think one realy nice feature I believe you forgot to touch on was the one button push for the rom drives. Another thing I think alot of the readers here at Bit-Tech would like to know is the possibilities of mounting a rad at the top of the case without having to mod anything.

10. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Why does my gut feeling say, "Paint.Net"?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

This is a definite no no if you want to install a 120.2 rad. Single rads work fine though.

12. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

looks nice.. far out of my price range though, I have an ebuyer x-gaming case which cost £15 ;)

13. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam What's a Dremel?

sound levels?!

not much on noise.... not much at all :( :nono:

14. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

HDD temps and subjective noise levels vs P18X series please!

I had a chance to play w/ the RC-690 (cosmos little brother) and overall decided it's not quite right for my needs.

Pics and Pros
    CONclusion

15. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Thanks Tim. But I was checking my latest Maximum PC and it looks like they mounted a triple 120 rad inside this years dream machine. Im confused.

16. Midcoregeek

Midcoregeek What's a Dremel?

Good review. I too saw this case in Maximum PC's Dream Machine and it looked awesome!

One question -- did you run the heat tests with and without that "GPU Gaurd"/wire gaurd?
    As I haven't seen it in detail I was wondering if left in(if you wanted to hide wires with it), it could somehow change the air flow through the case...

17. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I like the review.

Problem for me is that the side profile shot makes this case look like a new addition to the Samsonite luggage family.

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya I plan to pick up this case once their aluminum model comes out closer to the end of the year ^_^

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Sorry about that - but there's rarely anything to say on that front. The case was quiet, very quiet. It wasn't a case of "wow, is this thing actually running?" but it was a case of straining to hear it.

20. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Wow, i'm itching to use one of these now, looks beautiful :geek:

Tags: Add Tags