1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mobile phone gaming - the next big thing?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 13 Sep 2006.

1. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

I found a place offering free java games & bluetoothed 'em to my handset, although with the exception of PacMan I don't play any of 'em... myt610.net I believe

2. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Man you guys need to come out the dark ages.

s60 phones rule. I have been emulating a megadrive for years, any game for the megadrive i can find the roms for... i can pretty much play on my phone! i have completed sonic 2 more than enough times just by passing dull moments throughout a normal day.

TMobiles unlimited web and walk service is amazing, all the internet I want 24/7, combine that with my home webserver with every I could want on it. BAM entertainment deluxe on the go! in my pocket at that!

3. righteous_slave

righteous_slave I know what a bloody Dremel is

I agree that phones aren't designed for gaming, at least not the fast paced action and puzzle "casual" games that keep being made for them. Imagine however, an old school, turn based RPG or stratagey game (interface would still be hard with strategy, but if someone puts their mind to it). With save anywhere options and the possibility of online play the possibilities are boggeling. Yes itwould probably be more Pokemon pick up and play then FF in-depth, but it would not require quickly moving giant fingers onto tiny buttons, superfast reaction from said tiny buttons or even mindblowing graphics. That's what I'm waiting for on my phone.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I use my phone for calling and sending SMS to people. Anyone else to that, or am i living in the stone age?

I have a relatively new phone (w880i) for one reason: size! I tried a game that came with it once, but that's it. I'd rather sit and look at people on the street when riding the bus to school rather than playing games. It's more entertaining, and doesn't consume battery power.

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

My provider demands $7 per game for my phone. Forget that! The cell phone will only ever be a gaming platform for the weak.

6. paul2345

paul2345 What's a Dremel?

i can't see the future for this,i don't think that's a nice choice cuz the mobilephone games are crappy

Tags: Add Tags