1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google wants privacy standards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

surely nations can understand the worldwide nature of the internet so in a way privacy laws should be specific to the internet rather than having it included with the previous statues or am i misunderstanding

3. xtroid22k

xtroid22k What's a Dremel?

I would have to disagree,

Many nations just aren't on par with internet hungry nations such as the U.S. Some countries are still stuck in the 90's as far connecting to the internet. Dial-up is still big in Europe and other countries like India. Again, I am sure depending where you go in some nations Broadband is more popular however many just don't know the potential of the internet. And in 5 years some nations will just be getting up to par with where current technology is.

That makes for a huge challenge in privacy laws. Thats where the differences will come in; I think. Google should just work off the suggested framework and as things change it will be easier to conform rather then having to go to the ISO or other standardising orginizations.

Though this does make me happy as an Internet user, finally companies are addressing the issue

Tags: Add Tags