1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes - a quick way to rate songs?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Shaolyen, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Shaolyen

Shaolyen Minimodder

I've just got a new iMac, and I've moved over all my songs to iTunes. The only thing is that I didn't transfer over any of the ratings for the songs, and the thought of listening to 8GB of music again just for rating purposes isn't too appealing.

Does anyone know of a way to rate music while listening to it without having to focus on iTunes? I've only found one dashboard widget that is able to do this but it's as ugly as hell.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What I use is Quicksilver (quicksilver.blacktree.com if you don't have it, and you should). Install the iTunes plugin (it'll prompt you to during install, just check the box). Go into preferences, click triggers up top, then click iTunes on the left. It has some rating scripts built in - assign them to a hotkey and have at it. To speed through things, bind next song to something as well. I also put play/pause on F13, but it's almost as easy to just hit "pp" after activating the QS window.

[​IMG]

3. Shaolyen

Shaolyen Minimodder

That's perfect, thanks! (It's working exactly as I needed it to.)