1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo 3 Limited Edition discs scratched

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Good thing about this though is scratched disks are easily fixed, just a little rub a dub with some brasso and you're good to go. Or if you're scared of mucking it up, you can get a disk cleaning device that makes it even easier. Still, it's pretty lame, but not quite as lame as the un-replaceable busted Big D's. I think I'm just gonna super glue mine, I've slotted the drill in where it should go and you can't see any break.

2. Votey

Votey What's a Dremel?

Yes, that is my number one fear.
    Number two being I have no idea what happened in the first two games.
    But I got it for $46 shipped, so I can unload it later for little to no net cost if need be.

3. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I want a refund for Halo 2... And this one instead (but not the scratched ones).

I can wait awile...

4. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

Wrong. The IGN opening is a development kit where Bungie sent them the Legendary Edition but included the game in the Limited Edition case. The Retail Legendary will be in a regular DVD case similar to the Regular Edition.

I'm picking up my LE in person on Wednesday so I'll give the box a shake and if I hear discs rattling I'll be going through them all until I get one that doesn't rattle. If you think about it, the shops aren't going to let you open them all up.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Nah, I think Halo had a great storyline. Admittedly, the campaign in the original did have a ton of boring samey corridors, but it also had some truly awesome moments that haven't been topped IMO. Halo 2 was a bit of a let down, the overall quality of the campaign was better, but it lacked any new "wow" moments like Halo had, the best bit about Halo 2 was the multiplayer, but like you say, there's a ton of cheating smack talking 14 year olds on there, and it just spoils the game, when the game was first released, the multiplayer was a lot of fun. The best bit of Halo IMO is the co-op, I've replayed through some of the my favourite missions on Halo with my brother probably more than I've played any other co-op (combined). Four player online co-op will be incredibly awesome, so long as the game is great of course. Also, the higher price point of the 360 seems to have pruned off some of the younger kids, in my experience from the beta, the people playing Halo 3 seemed a lot more mature than Halo 2's community, any smack talking shitheads were soon put in their place. I'm really hoping this carries through to the final release, but that's never gonna happen, I know a lot of those kids will be getting a 360 for Halo 3 if they didn't have one already.

6. ThE-LyNX

ThE-LyNX What's a Dremel?

Yeah they will.

Once you have been given it you stay at the counter while you open the box, if disc scratched then they cannot accuse you of doing it and you then ask for a replacement.

Repeat until you have a good copy.

7. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Pff.. got my promo edition of halo 3 last week. No scratches there. Sure, not a fantastic game, but still, no scratches..

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Sorry guys, we tried as hard as we could to make that case work...

FYI, I work at JVC Disc Packaging, where Halo 3 was stamped...

9. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

To anyone moaning about 12 year olds screaming at you: THERE IS A MUTE BUTTON IN HALO 3

10. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

I knew they should have just made it a wearable helmet instead of some stupid game case.

11. Nova

Nova What's a Dremel?

my roommate got the $75 one and both the disk were scratched and unplayable... luckily someone got the regular edition too.

12. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

I only knew that those pirated CD/DVD may have quality problems one minute before reading this.

13. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

MS it would seam have decided that there disc scratching xbox360's where not enough, that now they ship discs pre scratched! :duh:

Wow MS really working hard at there anti copy protection :p

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

it's only halo 3... its just another shooter with nothing really new...

but... shipping broken stuff still sucks...

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

If mine is scratched will you send me a new one :)

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you knew it wasn't going to work why the hell release it?

17. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

Hi,

Got My Halo 3 Collectors Edition today and, yip, it was scratched, but not badly - more marked really. It still loads on the Xbox360. But since the scratches - marks - are further towards the inside of disk, I am a bit concerned that as I get further into the disk, the errors will begin. As this problem exists with many of the Collector's Edition packages, I can't really see the point of returning the disk for a replacement as the likelihood of my getting a replacement disk that is just as bad or worse is quite high. Ah, well...such is life.

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Demand and upgrade. Seriously, go in there, start some **** and demand a legendary edition version or a standard edition with your cash back at least

19. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Pretty sure the data is written "inside to out" so you might be fine

20. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

I like what Joe said, I likea lot, and yea from my experience on the 360 games at least it goes inside to the outside, for the simple fact my gears plays until the last chapter, there is a massive circle of scratches around the outside, my fault, played the xbox uupside down and turned it around whilst it was still turned on lol. So you should be good but not a nice thing buying something brand new and it's scratched.

Tags: Add Tags