1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Year Anniversary dilema

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 24 Oct 2007.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Hey guys,
    Its me and my little ladys 1 year anniversary on sataday 27th which was our first date. Were not married but have been together 1 year and going strong, I need advice on what to get her or perhaps a romantic gesture.

I know most of you guys are old fuddy duddys :p and have been through this type of stuff before so perhaps some pointers on what to do or get her?

I dont want to do the typical take her out to eat mumbo jumbo as i do that quite often with her, something different and meaningful, romantic even ?

Not the best place to ask i know but im hoping we can come up with something!

2. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

tank driving? well its totally random and unexpected girls liek that

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

My G/F and I just celebrated our one-year anniversary as a couple as well, so I can share some ideas.

Hand made card, can't go wrong with this. Don't worry if it's not "professional", the effort will be appreciated. One of the keys here is what you write inside it, the more the better. Women want to be appreciated, the more specific the better. Say what you love about her and why you love her and talk about the events in your relationship over the past year.

These anniversarys are a little strange since there is a disconnect between the significance to you (very) and the significance society traditionally places on it (not much) For this reason I think smaller, but more thoughtful, gifts are appropriate. Save the huge ones for her birthday or Christmas. Jewelry is always good so long as it's not too ostentations. For that special touch, check your local bead shop. They may be able to help you make somthing for her right there that is truly unique.

Since you're celebrating your relationship, make the gift(s) relate to that. I got a bunch of pictures I took while we were together printed and we made a scrapbook. It was a lot of fun, reminded us of the good times together, and didn't cost much. In that same vein, if you have a favorite picture of the two of you together get a copy enlarged and framed and give to her. Again, celebrate the relationship.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, ask her what she wants to do. It's a good idea to be sure you're both on the same track as far as cost / effort put into the anniversary to prevent ill feelings afterwords.

hope this helps...

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Nice meal in a celebrity chef resturant. Box Wood Cafe is a fairly good price (£50 for two people, four courses when I went) and is a gordon ramsey resturant. It's in London.

5. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

2nd both of the above...

Good meal and make a card or something :thumb:

It's also worth asking your mum what she thinks

6. bjrcboy

bjrcboy What's a Dremel?

This was a specialty of mine back in highschool. Some ideas I came up for either my ex or to help friends have been.

Keep it simple, some girls might like an extravagent night out on the town being treated like a queen but most girls that I know would rather have a romantic one on one night.

For my first, first year anniversary with my high school sweetheart. I asked her mother if I could come over early in the morning. I went to her room, woke her up with a kiss and put a big jacket of mine that she liked over her. We went to the car, drove up to the top of the hills so we could see the ocean as the sun rised. When we got there, there was already a blanket, thermos and a breakfest set up(I have some helpful friends). After that we went back to my place for some.. "activities." For lunch I bbq'd some of her favorite dishes and we just laid around the backyard for the rest of the day talking. At night we went to San francisco bay and had a moonlight dinner out on a private yacht(uncles) with just the two of us mooring off of Angel island with the Golden gate in the back drop..

Wow I dont know why i went into such detail haha. Keep it simple it doesnt need to be an extremely expensive night out(I spent like 40 bucks in gas, 30 in food). Unless you have a girl who loves money I'm sure she would love a home cooked meal and a night in with a good movie. Dont forget a little gift that has meaning to both of you.. (like some inside joke? the classic mixed cd, or even a scrap book) Just use your heart bro if your truely love each other a little will go a long way =D

Edit:
    Dont forget to let us know how it goes, expecially if you use some of our ideas!:naughty:

7. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Awww, you romantic types all warm my heart. The suggestions so far are very nice indeed. The personal touch (handmade card, etc.) is definitely a bonus. A romantic hot air balloon ride to start out the day with a champagne toast might be nice too. Lots of great opps for pictures.

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Yes yes, but more to the point... nobody's suggested surprise secks yet!?

:worried:

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

You "post-strategy" members are so cute :)

Now that guy could give relationship advice :D

10. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

We shouldn't need to, should we? ;)

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

this is the gift of the year :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

12. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

LOL took me a while to get that as well.

13. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Until she opens the box and makes the comment "Oh look someone left a cocktail sausage in here":hehe:

14. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Lol.. i was thinking real junk first.. not your junk:p.. Haha.. however, On the internet ive seen this done though for less special occasions.. like pizza and mail deliveries..

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

your junk isn't real? :eyebrow:

16. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

not by definition no..
    junk- "the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up"

I do believe im in one piece..

17. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

Since its been 1 year maybe a calender with photos of the two of you from the past year, as a token thoughtful gift, then dinner and a 'surpise' gift of jewelery - but nothing too big.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2007
  18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Nothing spells love like a graphical calculator.
    Those things can be expensive.

19. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

What is "post-strategy" ?

20. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I know i would love to get that. Especially if it have a big color display.