1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Scythe Infinity 775 Pins

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fluxity, 21 Oct 2007.

1. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

Basically I've just finished building my new rig and i'm pleased with everythin, apart from this.

When putting the motherboard into the case, not much room at the top, my hand cought the edge of the heatsink pulling one of the pins out. I took it all off, smoothed out the thermal paste n half sorted out a slightly bent pin. So at the moment the 3 pins are fine and the 4th is like "near enough" holding it in place.

I would be a lot happier with my system if this was sorted. Anyone know if the Universal Retention Kit will make for a better fit? Or any other better ways than using these **** pins? Or shall i just get a replacement 775 bracket n any ideas where from?

Thanks for any help

Just installed vista ultimate in an hour so still need to get firewall/internet stuff and then i'll get a cpu temp prog/prime to see what the current temps are with the 3/4 secure infinity.

2. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

In the end the temps were very hot, about 65 idle and no idea at load so I turned it off and waited for a Universal Retention Kit. I have to say this thing is awesome, def recommend it. Holds the Scythe Infinity down very securely, I also got some Arctic Silver 5. Temps at idle are around 28-32 so I'll start overclocking v.soon.

So if you hate the push pins, i'd recommend getting the Kit

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i wanted one of those coolers but my case limited me to a AC pro 7, stupid Lian li V1000B!

TBH the scythe has potential to be better than the thermalright ultra 120 extreme.

so one will post back saying thermalright are better bla bla bla, but most people do it on the bases by brand name not common sense.

like watching a volvo T5-R destoy a scooby WRC

Tags: