1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Hellgate:London - Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by gimplish, 1 Nov 2007.

1. gimplish

gimplish What's a Dremel?

I made the leap and purchased this game. It is very nice looking :p and runs fairly well on my laptop.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried out this game.

I was also wondering what the promo code field on the profile homepage is.

Cheers

Last edited: 1 Nov 2007
  2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You can never wait until tomorrow can you? B'ah.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I played the demo and didn't much like it, it didn't seem to "flow" well, the combat also felt rather clunky and very "one-on-one" type.
    I'll be sticking to Tabula Rasa personally as it felt more free and flowing to me.

I did however like
    the Diablo Wirt's peg leg reference.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Maybe you are a day late :worried:

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Laptop??

Whats the min specs of the game or the spec of your laptop. Im interested in this game but dont think my PC or laptop will play it :( Its been discused for a console port but thats just talk, no plans are concrete.

6. CardJoe

REQs:

Xp/Vista
    1.8Ghz (on XP) 2.4GHz (on Vista)
    1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista)
    7GB Space
    128MB GPU, SM 2.0 Support
    DX 9 and DX 10 compatible.

The game may look good by laptop standards, but it certainly doesn't by DX10 desktop standards and is obviously more streamlined to a MMO graphical level and approach, by which standard the graphical abominations are tolerable.

Review will go up tomorrow, so have a look then if i were you.

7. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

I've looked at all the screenshots I could find and am pretty visually underwhelmed. I think I'd rather be devoting my precious time to something of quality (see TF2:p).

8. gimplish

My laptop is a vostro 1500 (with winXP SP2) with T7300 C2D, 2GB ram and a 8600M GT and a WSXGA display. Everything else is standard on the laptop.

I am running it at 1280x800 with high to very high settings.

I could run it at 1440x900 but the game does get chuggy every so often with detail settings at very high.

For anyone who gets this game you will want to max out your RAM because it is quite heavy when it comes to memory usage.

9. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

I had high hopes for it but after playing the beta and the demo it just didn't feel like they really tried anything new. I realize they are for the most part catering to people who wants Diablo 2 in the future, but I would have really liked to see some new stuff from them. The synergies between skills don't feel right and the randomized areas are weak. What is the point of 3d if I cant climb atop a building and snipe monsters? Little nuances like that should have been noticed. They played it very safe and made a very "samey" feeling game.

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I found it to be kind of boring. Outside of the concept it's very very typical MMO BS. The combat seemed very...I don't know. I didn't like it. It didn't feel like I was really controlling the action as much as I wanted to. The monsters just don't react to being attacks. They don't recoil or seem...alive (yes I know they are mostly Zombies and undead, that's not what I meant!). The skill systems and character equipment are all just cookie cutter MMO stereotypes. The combat as a Guardian boiled down to me standing there in that attack stance where you can't move holding down the attack button while the enemies stood there and attacked me and it was basically a (boring) race to 0HP. As a Marksman the combat was more fun, but not very engaging and not as FPS-ish as I was hoping. Am I the only one who finds the grenade skill as a markman completely Fn random? You throw it and it basically takes on a mind of it's own and can end up where you want it or 300 yards in the complete opposite direction. Overall I thought it was pretty average and the people who want a classic MMO with a conceptual twist would enjoy it.

11. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Damn. Was soo looking forward to this title. Alas the signs are not good. Ah well there's still a plethora of quality titles to choose from. Really has been a superb year for games. The industry has never been healthier IMO. Let the good times roll.:rock:

12. CardJoe

QFT.

13. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I've been playing the game since BETA and yes the graphics arent as crazy as some of the other new titles. HOWEVER, artistically it is the best looking game I have ever played. I mean Oblivion was pretty and all that but I'd rather look out my window and save the FPS on my computer. This game is DAMN fun and plays just like Diablo. The game is NOT clunky unless you are playing a Blade Master or Guardian (sword users) and they actually changed it to the stutter step because it looked too floaty when the characters were fighting. Basically if you liked Diablo 2 you'll love this game. If you like wow then......psh never mind you like wow LOL

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Wiiiin....dooow? 'The hell is that?

15. gimplish

Hopefully they will release a patch to fix up the bugs in the game and the annoying DVD must be in drive thing. I understand its to prevent piracy :p but I'd prefer to keep the DVD safe in its case which I'm sure a lot of people can understand.

About the game, it is very much like diablo2 but in 3d. And the main thing I love, it is one of the few games that does 3rd person shooter well for PC.

16. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

It's something invented by modders to show off swanky hardware on their computers ; )

and yea it's just like Diablo. The DVD is only required while playing single player.

17. Raiderfan001

Raiderfan001 I know what a Dremel is.....

Anybody ever DL from the EA store? Is it like Steam where it installs it or does it just give an image file that has to be burned to a dvd or what?

18. gimplish

I personally wouldn't know because I stay away from most online stores. The DVD itself has 6.84GB on it which installs to 6.7GB. Any way you look at it they would need some good compression to get it to a size where most people would download it (about 3GB max)

19. Raiderfan001

Raiderfan001 I know what a Dremel is.....

Yeah I just drove to the store and bought it. I doubt EA would be able to provide a service even remotely close to as good as Steam. I added the game to my cart in the EA store just to check it out and they charge 5-6 dollars just to store it for you on there server for 2 years....what a ripoff.

20. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Not that bad. I have to say it's a well good game, especially with the first-person camera and going around with a few buddies on Ventrilo.

Plays completely differently than in the single player demo. It's not an amazing game and I've had a few better gaming experiences, but it's a very good, solid, fun game. 95% worth the price, I have to say.

Last edited: 4 Nov 2007
Tags: