1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Maximus Formula (Special Edition)?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 11 Nov 2007.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Apparently, with all the issues on all the forums, Asus has already moved this board to EOL status. LOL. Blitz all over again?

2. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

What the heck is "EOL" anyway? Does this has any effect on me buying this Board and if there is an effect, what should be my next step? Your Thoughts Please!

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

Any product placed in an 'End Of Life' status means that product will no longer be available for purchase nor will it be supported. You can still buy it if you find it, but if it's a bad board and you send it back to the retailer and they do not have any replacements to give to you, you're out of luck.

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

oohhhhh, 3800's?
    that would be great.

anyways, i was looking into the maximus formula, so is it just the S.E. boards that are EOL?
    actually, i was looking at the ddr3 version, so doesnt that come with watercooling stock?

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

Well, don't quote me on any of this; I'm merely relating what I've read elsewhere. I saw that Scan apparently has it listed as EOL, which would mean that the manufacturer probably does too. But again, I'm not one 'in the know' on it.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's... strange. The SE might be EOL but I haven't heard anything else.

EDIT: It's crap, according to Asus - the Maximus is still readily available, and the Blitz is EOL because only one RoG board per chipset maker - so there will be two Intel and one AMD to come. The SE model is just out there in fewer numbers because less people want a watercooled northbridge.

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Nov 2007
  7. E.E.L. Ambiense

Ok, cool. I'm glad you checked, Bindi. I was getting worried. I'm still going to wait to see what B-T says about the board before doing anything though. Other reviews have ranged from 'awesome!' to 'eh...' to 'DON'T BUY!!!!'. :hehe:

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's been put back til next friday now :( Stuff keeps getting in the way

9. E.E.L. Ambiense

It's cool, man. I'd rather you all take your time with the reviews then letting out half-baked stuff! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

10. vegettoxp

So after reading your guys latest commnets, I think I should wait and not get the MB. I don't want to buy a MB that is already at the end of the line. I am a bit suprised that this board hasn't been out for that long and it already at the EOL. So you guys think I should just wait or what?
    What about the other Asus Maximus Lineup? Are then gona be at the EOL too?

Thx for all the help guys!

11. vegettoxp

Also guys, Which MB I should look at From Asus that will replace the SE Edition?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's only EOL when the chipset gets a new revision

13. vegettoxp

So you guys think I should just wait for the X48 Version or Just go ahead and get this Asus MB. As long as Asus gives me support for this board, I don't mind getting it.

14. marscay

marscay What's a Dremel?

the Formula SE is only EOL because it's a limited edition, same as the blitz.

it has nothing to do with board problems etc, they were always intended for a limited run only.

15. vegettoxp

Thx for the info. I have read comments in here and read some comments else where. Everyone has told me to go ahead and order the Motherboard. I will be doing that next month when I get some cash in my hand. it might be at the EOL, but I think Asus will still provide support and drivers for it. So I am gona order the board soon! Thx to all who helped me.

P.S. Fusion

16. vegettoxp

Hey Guys, just wanted to give you an update. I ordered the Asus Maximus Formula SE this morning and it should me here in couple of days. I am glad that I finally ordered it. Because after reading bit-tech quick preview of X48 Chipset, my opinion on X48 is that, it's not worth the wait. Stick with X38. My Grand Total for the MB is $280.49. Once again thx for all the help guys!

P.S. Fusion