1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors replacing trailer hubs

Discussion in 'General' started by profqwerty, 24 Nov 2007.

1. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

This isn't being a good day for my vehicles!

The non-auto-reverse braked towing hitch on my trailer is a pos - dampering is dead, and damper is not coming out, and can't source spare parts for it (it would need replacing in it's entirety. Which brings me on to: where on earth can I buy one? they aren't legal to be sold new anymore, and the available spares wouldn't fit it (it is one cast lump, of unknown make / origin).

I'm thinking of replacing it with a modern auto reverse braked coupling, but this means changing the wheel hubs for auto reverse ones aswell.
    The suspension is leaf spring, with solid axles with a plate welded onto each end with 4 holes + bolts into the hubs. What are these called exactly? There only seems to be whole braked swing arm units, unbraked hubs, braked drums around, but no whole braked hubs that i can just bolt onto the side of this thing and attach a wheel to:|
    Can anyone suggest any suppliers at all?
    this is really ping me off now (i bought it off of ebay so what did i expect to get:wallbash:)

--profqwerty

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

That sounds like it would be cheaper and easier to sell your trailer and buy one with what you want on it.

3. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Get a rear end off a Opel Kadett/Chevy Nova. it's sturdy and will last for miles

4. kalm

kalm What's a Dremel?

Tags: