1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to severely limit standard users

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by iddqd, 2 Dec 2007.

1. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

Hey guys,

I need to severely limit standard users on 2 PCs I have. I need to use Windows User Account Control to only allow Battlefield 2142 to run. I don't want the start menu accessible, I don't want the clock to be accessed, I don't want the personalization menu to come up, I don't want ANYTHING AT ALL except Battlefield 2142 to run.

I've used the registry to manually disable changing the background, etc, but I still have access to the personalization menu, the start menu, etc.

Any ideas?

2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

What are you planning on using these computers for, playing LAN games with terrorists? If the security is that huge an issue, consider imaging the drives and restoring them occasionally.

3. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

I'm sure you could do this with group policy's (gpedit.msc), and lock things down on user configuration. This is what we do at work to lock down user accounts like removing setting tab in display and run and start menu.

4. iddqd

iddqd Minimodder

The 2 PCs are displays. Basically, need to be locked down except for 1 program; Parental Controls let me only allow that program to run, but it doesn't give me the lockout capability I need.

5. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

The easiest way to do this is to take a look at Local Security Policy and set all you can in there, the other way is to create a Local Mandatory Profile, do a google on Mandatory Profiles to get more info.

Tags: