1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KVM, Dual Monitors and USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by speedfreek, 5 Dec 2007.

1. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

So I have two computers each with 2 monitors that I keep running on my desk and all USB inputs. I was hoping that someone can recommend me a KVM switch that can do dual monitors running at higher resolutions, 1920x1200, with at least one of the display ports being DVI. Since my 7800gs has one Dsub and one DVI I would need to convert the Dsub into DVI and back, quality issues, or have a switch with one of each.

I am also concerned about lag and ghosting, I did a search but all the results turned up were fairly old saying just stick with a higher quality switch.

2. Spode

Spode What's a Spode?

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

If your screens have 2 inputs, you could use synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/), it lets you share a mouse and keyboard across 2 computers, that was you save the expense of a KVM

4. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I used to do that to use my wireless keyboard and mouse on my desktop to controll my laptop. I even made an SSH tunnel between the two so everything was encrypted, and even then I could use the mouse for graphics editing on my laptop even though it had to go through an encrypted network to send the signals to the desktop.

Just in case you were worried about security or speed.