1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which of these graphics cards are better?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leakyfaucet, 3 Jan 2008.

1. leakyfaucet

leakyfaucet Hey! I own a dremel!

Last edited: 3 Jan 2008
  2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I get a page not responding error from eBay.

Of those two the XFX is better though. I tend to find that eBay rips you off anyway, you can usually get them the same price or cheaper from an online store.

3. mk-donald

mk-donald bits and bobs

I picked up an XFX 7600GT Fatal1ty for under £50 from a Scan "Today only" over the New Year - BUT that was a PCI-E rather than AGP. Still showing at original/launch £130'ish in many of the price comparisons.

After it primarily for the fanless silence and solid performance for my 22", rather than gaming.

Hopefully get to resell my old 6600GT AGP too :)

Last edited: 3 Jan 2008
  4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

You could also go for an 8500GT (they have DX10 support), but I'm not sure if there are AGP versions of it.

5. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Nope, there aren't and AGP 8-series cards currently. AMD is supposedly launching an AGP 2600 soon though - we know the cards exist

6. leakyfaucet

Okay, I think I fixed the link guys!

7. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

Both cards are identical really, apart from the coolers. They are both running the same clocks so if the price ends up being the same then i would go for the Leadtek card simply because it has a better bundle than the XFX, including a couple of games. One looks to be Trackmania Sunrise, which is an excellent freebee!

8. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

As Shamrock said, the cards are identical (probably came from the same factory) except the coolers and the bundle. I've got a Leadtek 7600, a gs rather than gt, but the cooler on that is pretty quiet for that style heatsink. For both noise and the games bundle, the Leadtek looks like the better choice.

9. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Oh my word - These have tiny coolers on them compared to the 7600GT I bought my mother-in-law.
    That one rivals my Asus EN8800GT.

Agree with everyone who says go with the best package. Cards are most likely identical.

10. leakyfaucet

11. Silver Shamrock

Going for too much money?? One is currently at $57 and the other is still bid-less. Yet you're happy to pay out $109 on a 7800GS? So not sure what you mean.

Anyway, you're correct, the 7800GS is very similar in performance to the 7600GT. Although it seems the 7600GT is a little better at handling AA. Also worth mentioning is the 6800GT, as it's not far behind either of those 7 series cards performance-wise so if you can find one cheap enough it's worth considering.

12. leakyfaucet

What I meant was that every 7600GT I watched on ebay sold for more than what I just saw a 7800GS go for.

Hey thanks for the tip. I assumed 6800s weren't able to do play modern games. I'm looking and they go for really cheap. I just might get one!

Last edited: 5 Jan 2008
  13. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Currently, the best AGP card is the Radeon X1950 Pro. My friend just got one and it was a nice step-up from his old Radeon 9600.

14. Silver Shamrock

Ah right ok then. Make sure it's a GT, GS or Ultra. Any of the other 6800's are poor, especially the poorly named 6800XT.
    Don't expect too much from any of the cards you're interested in though, as it depends what you mean by 'modern games'

It's the X1950XT actually. Regardless, both 1950 cards are out of the op's budget.