1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save money with Quidco.com!

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 29 Dec 2007.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Well im new to it and only came across this Gem of a website the other day and im glad i did.

Basically its a Cashback website - If you buy through them by creating an account (its free) and then use their links to major sellers - you get a percentage cashback! They are partners with almost all the top websites too which is good.
    Iv just used them as well as my brother to buy two laptops from dell which they offer a 5% cashback. Coupled with a voucher code i used, my laptop went down to £764 but with the cashbook too il only be paying £697 for a top end XPS - Pretty good hey?

All they do is charge you £5 per year but thats only when youve earnt some cashback! if you earn nothing then you pay nothing - no credit card info or anything required. Simply create an account and view their list of retailers and click on the link. The website works via cookies so ensure they are enabled (read the help section for better explanation) and they give a certain % cashback into your quidco account that you can choose to put into your paypal or bank account via bacs.

Very good website - With mine and my brothers laptop - weve earnt £67 cashback! Its been validated but it takes a few months for them to get it from dell and they pass it onto us.

Also they have 11% cashback with Gameplay so thats quite a big amount! Also deals going with Play.com too! many others too.

Well i thought it would help, every little helps! :)

-Solidus

Last edited: 29 Dec 2007
  2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I use them with HMV, 10%, 5% and 3% depending on what you buy from CD/DVDs to Gaming Software and Hardware

3. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Yeh its really good i think! I had no idea it existed so was hoping to share the info with everyone here :)

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

You can also get a little extra (2%ish usually) from greasypalm.co.uk. They're free, but only pay out cachback (via cheque) when you earn £25. But they give cachback on play.com and ebuyer, so I end up earning a fair amount - plus you can earn like £10 for signing up to things.

Quidco + Greasy Palm + ciao.co.uk surveys (although not so much anymore) + 2prong.com disposable emails = profit

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Been using quidco for about a year now, yes for the sceptics they do pay out.
    Earnt £134 this year (£139 less their £5 fee for the year) and so far had £117 paid out :)

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

tis true, excellent service, as long as you remember it before you go on your spending spree!

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I have HMV quidco links in my favourites. Far quicker.

/me goes to see what his balance is

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Another thumbs up from me for Quidco. Used it for about a year too. If it weren't for the 11% I wouldn't still be ordering stuff from GAME at all. Use it mostly for HMV, Gameplay and Play.

9. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Looks great. Thanks.

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm... so they just aggregate affiliate links and give you a cut of what you bring in to them?

Crazy! Yet ingenious....:idea:

11. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

my only concern with Quidco is people will tell about a bargain eg "get X for £30!" then say "£24 after quidco" I don't tend to factor quidco in on my purchases as usually it's a few months wait for payment. instead i just see it as a special yearly/half yearly/whatever bonus of money for spending so much! :)

12. Amjedm

Amjedm Minimodder

Another Quidco user :)

I've been using them for 1-2 years and as already advised, they do pay up (well have done so far :))

13. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

:clap:
    I've only been in a couple of months but racked up £15 so far - the frightening thing is at an average 4% that's £375 spent...but it shows you why Google is worth a zillion bucks.

I think maybe this is worth moving to GD to get a sort of Quidco FAQ going; like DougEdey's tip about changing some shopping bookmarks to go via Quidco. :thumb:

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have been using quidco for 6 months now and so far only got £10 actually paid back to me. I have £80 that they have collected but I never get it. It says pay date Aug 07, then Sep 07 and Oct 07 etc but nothing.

Strange

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

i generally just buy through ebay, no cash back or anything. Just straight up great prices :D

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

You also get cash back from stuff you buy on ebay. very low percentage but still its money.

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The money back from ebay is calculated by the listing fees.
    Also just because it's on ebay doesn't mean its always a bargain, like my uncle who believes that because the price of something is 1p and the postage is £35 it means that he got the item for 1p not £35.01 :wallbash:
    Some people eh.

As with the late/slow payments sadly that does happen regularly, its all down to whether the merchant has paid out and the pay dates on quidco are sadly only estimated by the average payment times so the goal posts often shift.
    I'm sure you'll get your money eventually though.

18. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I've never heard about this but I will definitely be setting up an account now.

Thanks for the info!

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Very hight actually, 40% of the ebay fees for the item you buy, which can work out to be quite a bit sometimes.