1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot Up Problems.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Minifly3, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Minifly3

Minifly3 What's a Dremel?

Hello I'm fairly new to bit-tech so be nice..
    Anyway when i start up my computer upstairs it always goes into bios by itself without me touching any key's and in order for me to get into windows i must hit esc enter. Why does it do this?
    & How can i make it so it loads up the windows xp screen without first doing bios like normal computers do.

Thanks
    Minifly3

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Some systems (though very few) would enter the BIOS if the time and date was reset usually as a result of a failing cmos battery.
    Usually setting the date and time (in the bios) should resolve this however if you power down at the mains expect the same problem to arise next time you try to turn the system back on.

Other than that have you tried unplugging the keyboard and starting the system to see if the fault replicates itself? If the fault does not return with a disconnected keyboard I would suggest either your keyboard controller is failing (if you are using PS/2) or the keyboard itself is at fault.

3. Minifly3

Minifly3 What's a Dremel?

It's not the keyboard, The time has been set. Still does it. The time didn't reset on reboot either it stayed correct.

Tags: