1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: "Semi-teQ" (june 9th 2007)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by seesoe, 10 Jun 2007.

1. HYTEC

HYTEC What's a Dremel?

Ok now I'm inspired I need more than R/C on mine. I've started collecting more parts. first thing to do is make a holder for my spare laptop.

2. seesoe

seesoe What's a Dremel?

:)
    i wanted to use a laptop because it has the keyboard and screen all there for you in one.

but later down the line im going to buy a 7 inch touchscreen lcd and put on the rover (nice touch to add) hooking my spare crt every time is annoying lol

3. seesoe

seesoe What's a Dremel?

i got my flash card in the mail a few days ago, i installed everything on it, but i haven't test drove the robot yet.
    i was expecting for the computer to function slow cuz its running of cf card, i was right it runs slow but not to bad, its faster the one might think.

i also placed an order for a
    Phidgets Servo 4-Motor Controller

and this cool servo relay
    Electronic R/C PWM Switch (RC-100X)

i also bought a Spyder E99 paintball gun and took it apart and stuff. i have it firing from this relay board i have connected to my computer, and for kicks i used autoit to fire the gun via the internet. i like the gun a lot i can do many things with the board, and a good note is the gun shoots real nice and straight. i also bought this co2 coil hose from ebay so i can mount the tank somewhere out of the way.

the pwm switch is going to be the firing relay that hooks into the servo board, and 2 other servos will also hook up so i can pan/tilt the gun.

i yet to design a pan tilt system or pick out my servos, but i will get to that when the parts i ordered come in

4. seesoe

seesoe What's a Dremel?

heres is the cf card
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres a messing picture of me installing stuff to the bot
    [​IMG]

this is the spyder E99 paintball gun thats going to make the turret, and i get to get my co2 coil hose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a shot of the e-grip, its a straight forward circuit, you can see the 2 tapped wires i have there, those connect to a relay
    [​IMG]

here is the phidgets 4-servo controller i got port 0 will be for the relay, 1 for pan servo, 2 for tilt servo, and 3 for something i donno yet. i yet to buy the pan/tilt servos but when i do port 1 2 and 3 will need external dc power, and port 0 runs off the usb power, thats just how the board works.
    [​IMG]

this is the servo rc relay, i can hook this up to the servo board and control its thusly
    [​IMG]

and a shot of the servo board with the rc relay hooked to it, which is then connected to the gun, and this is all hooked to the computer via usb.
    [​IMG]
    (click on an image to see a bigger view)

5. seesoe

seesoe What's a Dremel?