1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

christian fundamentalism top 100 quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by Freedom, 19 Jan 2008.

1. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

That was entertaining, in a depressing sort of way. I'm sure some are cheesecake, but most seem to be deadly serious. What scares me is how many of these people vote :worried:

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:rolleyes: Flame-bate, in my opinion.

I've seen people on this very forum fall for fake news stories posted on The Onion. I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find 100 ridiculous quotes attributed to "intelligent" people regarding secular matters.

For example: how many people claim to have to have insight into the engineering and physics to "prove" that 9/11 was a conspiracy by the US government?

-monkey

4. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Stupidity and ignorance are not limited to any one group or faith, you will find stupid and/or ignorant people everywhere.

Moriquendi

Last edited: 19 Jan 2008
  5. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Very true, but it seems like it wasnt so hard to find 100 quotes shwoing people's stupidity. As for the 9/11 thing, yeah i've seen people saying all kinds of crazy things that supposedly "proves" its all a conspiricy, but you've got to admit thats abit different from the people on that website claiming that "the earth is flat" and "do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years" and other such nonsense that these blinded zealots believe.

6. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Sod reading all that, it just gets me angry that people are that stupid!
    there's so much contradiction within that. I do like the Atheist story though, that makes an interesting read.
    I feel really insulted, I'm not an Atheist and I don't follow any religion. I do believe in science (I do biology and chemistry at A level so it comes with the package) and you can't escape the fact they there is evidence for evolution. And real good evidence for our solar system and the spherical nature of the Earth. My rant could go on for days...

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There will always be people that stupid, just be thankful there are enough intelligent people to counteract them thus making the entropy of the universe a balanced place once again.

Don't read into it too much and substitute Christian with any other religion or even Atheist to get the same result.

8. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

More people should read this...

ALL religions have extremists and the more the views they hold are aired, the more likely they are to be dismissed by the majority.

You want to be religious... fine but i draw the line at "people need to be saved from themselves" nutters. Live your life according to what you believe in and if others choose to follow your example... again fine by me.

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Entropy tends to increase in a system.

10. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

we just covered entropy in Chemistry.

Aside from that, I went to a Jesus Army wedding end of last year. I want to make clear that I have nothing against people's beliefs but I left after 15 minutes of this wedding. After listening to the bloke imply him wanting to watch the married couple consumate the wedding and then telling us that we aren't worthy in the eyes of God, I thought "f*ck this" and left (with quite a few other people) to go to the pub across the street. Like I said, i don't have a problem with peoples' beliefs, as I will also most likely not care. It;s when they shove it down my throat that makes me punch them in the face. or something less violent.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

True, entropy = chaos, but once the forces are balanced everything just intermingles randomly.

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Why would you want to intermingle with stupid people?

13. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

True. Doesn't make it any less funny though.

14. Ryu_ookami

Hadn't realised I'd reposted, the PC went screwy and firefox shut down.

15. Ryu_ookami

Hadn't realised I'd reposted, the PC went screwy and firefox shut down.

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

ryu: There's a frigging EDIT button for a reason.

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:lol: Three posts, and all saying the same thing. What was Moriquendi saying again? :p

-monkey

18. geo139

geo139 What's a Dremel?

Oh god some of those are so awful!!

19. Ryu_ookami

You're right. There is. However, I hadn't realised when Firefox crashed, that it had been posting. So I was typing the post up unaware that it had gone through already.

20. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Thats the problem, some of the stuff they're saying is so stupid that you cant help but post back telling them how stupid it is. Which in turn causes them to say even more stupid things and the cycle repeats!