1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 22 Jan 2008.

1. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Tell him he's got a great choice in set designers

2. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

I cried when I heard this morning that he'd died.

He was a great actor, certainly one of Australia's sweethearts I'd say.

Rest In Peace, Heath.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I highly doubt it was a suicide, probably just misread the label and took too many of his prescription sleeping pills by accident. A real shame.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

No way, it's pretty ****ing hard to misread 'take 2 tablets'.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Gawker has a quote from a mate of his saying that he has apparently been trying hard to get sober (presumably he had a drinking and/or drug problem then) and the effort was just making him worse. The guy even went so far as to say that they saw it coming... Good friends he had there...

6. Renze

Renze What's a Dremel?

Redcoats? What did Butlin's ever do to him? :p

Its a real shame, I was really looking forward to seeing Heath in The Dark Knight. Apparently his performance as the Joker is meant to be amazing!

I don't think it was a deliberate suicide, didn't hear any stories about him being depressed or anything like that. I read in one of the news articles that he was on some other prescription medicine, so that might have had a reaction with the sleeping tablets he took.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

Rumours galore: Apparently he was suffering from pneumonia, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

8. curme

curme Minimodder

Like quack said,TMZ.com is reporting that he had pneumonia. He could of had a reaction to the medicine. A seizure would explain the scattered pills.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2008
  9. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I wonder how the rest of Holywood have taken it. I can't comment on his acting, as i've not actually seen any off his films, but tis a sad day.

RIP fella, RIP.

Sam

10. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Another tradegic end to a member of the Hollywood community. Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide not so long ago. Says alot about the lifestyle of these actors. Makes you wonder how messed up inside some of them are. The hollywood Vampire claims another victim. :sigh:

11. will.

He did?

I suppose everyone is a bit crazy, being in the spotlight just exaggerates that craziness to a point where you might think suicide is a good idea...

12. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Owen Wilson.Not a lifestyle but a deathstyle

13. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Iv read numerous times hes been having sleeping problems and getting like only 2hours of sleep a day. He apparently has been having some stress issues and i highly doubt its a suicide, i read a quote about him saying he was taking allot of stuff just to control his sleeping as hes so sleep deprived...perhaps an insomniac? Who knows but i for one really do think he was accidental - i mean you really aint going to kill yourself just before your about to get a massage and butt-naked at that -no suicide note, no goodbye to his daughter or nothing.

I really do think his body gave in from all the medication he seems to have been on.

14. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/november/22/newsid_4006000/4006205.stm
    It seems he ^ didn't leave a sucide note, but just had dinner with his folks just beforehand - maybe it was like a "last supper/leave on a good note" sort of thing?

I heard a report this morning that apparently there were no tablets scattered in the room but the tablet packs were still sealed, and he was found naked. They also said that the autopsy is inconclusive and further testing will be carried out.

Who knows what the truth is? Either way, RIP Heath, you seemed like a good bloke.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

16. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I generally don't begrudge anyone's spiritual or religious beliefs. However, the "Rev." Phelps and his clan are the epitome of attention whores and nutters.

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

make an appointment with a masseuse and then take sleeping pills right before she's supposed to show up? that doesn't sound likely.

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Does if you want to relax. Have a sleep and a massage, then wake up and shag the masseuse.

19. will.

I wouldn't call what they have beliefs. Insanity would be more fitting.

I would hope that at least one of them gets a good beating if they turn up.

20. curme

curme Minimodder

Now, several sources are saying that since The Joker was such a dark character, it drove him to depression. Kind of sounds like the start of an urban legend.

Tags: