1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Nissan Almera GTi owners?

Discussion in 'General' started by D3s3rt_F0x, 1 Mar 2008.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Probably wrong place to try but tbh I'm not a member of any forum that gets close to an Almera GTi.

So just wondering what are these cars like been putting in plenty of research and seem to get alot of bang for your buck compared to similar GTi marks like Seat Ibiza, Golf GTi etc, am going to germany in a few months and thinking of taking something a little more exotic than my 1.4l 8v Polo.

So just wondering if you owned one or have one now what they like in terms of reliability, costs to run and parts, common faults and what there like to drive. After reading a few things about them can see no real bad points other than being ugly as sin.

Or possible alternatives bearing in mind for £1200-£1500 can get a good example on about 50-70k

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Although I never owned the GTI, I did own an Almera 1.4 Si. If my experience with the SI was anything to go by, then the GTI will be one heck of a car for the money. In my ownership of the SI all I had done was a full service and a new clutch. I wouldn't call them ugly as sin either, happen to think the styling on this is quite pleasent.

Insurance on them is cheap too, group 7 I believe so shouldn't be too expensive. I can imagine though it will drink fuel, don't expect it to be a very economic ride if thrashed about.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Never been in one or owt.
    But I love the understated looks tbh...

Seen a sorted one on track fly too. Fastest thing out there that day :)

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The key when buying such a car is to find one that's been looked after and driven by somebody that understands cars and knows that they need maintenance. Don't buy one if it looks like it's skipped a service or the engine hasn't been properly maintained.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

True, also, they are quite rare... So that makes it even harder to find a nice example...

6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Almera GTI's rare ?? There's at least 10 of them in the town where I live, have seen loads of them.

7. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

i owned a primera eGT for 8 years and loved it, quite noisy but very reliable. if its the same 2.0 litre 150bhp engine then you'll have a great hassle free drivers car.

8. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Aye I know do alot of my own work on me cars or as much as my time allows just looking for anything in paticular people know I should be looking for. Almost certainly getting one once I have a job sorted just keeping my eye out at the moment.

9. kalm

kalm What's a Dremel?

Can't Really comment on the almera themselves I have a Primera GT with the same engine. The engines are basically bulletproof so no worrys there. With nissans look out for any suspension knocking as suspension repairs are REALLY REALLY expensive.

10. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

i have to disagree here as 9 times out of 10 the knocking would be worn drop links which are easy to check and not too expensive to replace (been there done that :) )

11. kalm

kalm What's a Dremel?

I Agree on that point but if it is anything else on nissan suspension it is expensive.

Tags: