1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking amd 5000+ BE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jebus.exe, 9 Mar 2008.

1. Jebus.exe

Jebus.exe Beta V1.0.0.1

what sort of results should i hope to achieve with this cpu, i've increased the fsb to 220 and left the multiplier as default which has knocked it to 2860.341 MHz, i havent touched the voltage and im running on air with the silent knight 2 cooler. ? :lol:

2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

You should be able to hit 3GHz pretty easily, but not the way you're going about it. The whole point of black edition processors is the unlocked multiplier. The only reason anybody ever overclocks through the FSB is that the multiplier on almost all modern processors is locked, and since you have one of a small handful of unlocked chips on the market, you might as well take advantage of it.

By leaving the multiplier alone and changing the bus speed, you're probably not going to get your full potential. Switch things around, and run your FSB at stock and crank the multiplier up, and see what you can get. The processor doesn't care if it's running at 230x13 or 200x15, but the motherboard will have a much easier time and run much cooler if you leave the FSB alone and overclock with the multiplier.

Give it a try, and I'll bet you can hit 200x15 without trouble.

3. Jebus.exe

Jebus.exe Beta V1.0.0.1

i got it running stable with 215x14.5 @ 3118.047 MHz

i think i'll keep it like this untill i have some more hardcore cooling.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's quite a respectable OC indeed. Try, as crazybob says, sticking the FSB back to 200 and cranking the multiplier up. :D

5. iceblade

iceblade What's a Dremel?

how did you get on, then?

Tags: