1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Picking out Water Cooling Components

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Matrix-D, 7 Mar 2008.

1. Matrix-D

Matrix-D I know what a dremel is...now what?

Greetings everyone. So I've been trying to pick out watercooling components for my Hitman Tribute PC and I've come up with a tentative list that I want to check with the more experienced watercoolers (i.e. you).

Here's a brief synopsis of what I'm aiming for:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I intend for this case to be almost entirely vertically cooled. Two 120mm fans on the bottom of the case will intake air and an exterior 92mm fan on the back along with a 120mm fan on top will exhaust it (the power supply will exhaust as well). There's a mistake in the picture of the bottom, the case will be watercooled so there should be a dual 120mm rad between the case and the fans. To me, looks are as important as cooling. I plan to use black coolant and mount the res and pump underneath the drive bays. My tenative plan for the loop is: res→ pump→ bottom dual rad→ gpu→ 92m rad on back→ northbridge→ 120 rad under top fan→ cpu→ res.

EDIT: The system will (most likely) include:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    ASUS P5E-VM Mobo
    4GB Corsair PC-6400 Ram
    MSI 8800GT OC
    Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB
    Lite-On SATA DVD Burner
    OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU

Here's my tentative shopping cart from Performance PC's. My budget for the cooling is right around $500. Any comments, tips, or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2008
  2. iggy

iggy Minimodder

be better off using a 260 on the bottom and a 120 on top. i wouldnt bother with the 92mm rad, especially as its more expensive than the 120. i dont think the maficool rads are all that great either.

alternatively just get 1 thermochill pa120.3 its about the same price as both those radiators but it cools better than the pair put together and is less restrictive. also, they work better with low flow fans like the yateloons than the DD's do.

gfx - get a swiftech mcw60. about the same price as the DD, but better.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

try www.petrastechshop.com for better prices, and use Swiftech rads as well- The HWLabs stuff requires higher flow fans, making them louder to put up with...

And for gamer Jesus' sake, don't use Fluid XP. It WILL separate out, it's fully conductive, and it will corrode your ****. Tried it myself, I know.

4. tomshawn

tomshawn What's a Dremel?

I would say - use Swiftech rads and change that gpu block to mcw60...
    and maybe the loop would be: Pump - CPU - NB - swiftech 120 - GPU - Swiftec rad 220 with res. That's it, dont need additional res and third rad.

5. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

I'd go with a Thermochill rad as well, far more cooling capactiry than the swiftechs as far as i've ever found. I'd also swap out the cpu block for a FuZion, and use 7/16ths tubing over the half inch barbs. Looks a lot neater and doesn't hinder performance.

RwD

6. aurora

aurora JAVA GURU !!!

Dtek fuzion for CPU, termochill radiator and swiftech block for gpu... best choice for this setup

Tags: