1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Well: that was amuzing...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cyrilthefish, 2 Apr 2008.

1. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Just finished reading this months copy of PC Gamer... As it had a fairly large article on the sims3, i brought it downstairs for my mother to look at...

What followed was possibly the funniest gaming-related thing i've ever seen!
    -Mothers eyes going wide-open like a stereotypical anime character upon seeing the front cover.
    -Nearly snatching the magazine out of my hands to go read the article
    -going on about it for hours afterwards to anyone who even feigned interest...

Hard-core gamers, you've been outclassed, i present to you the sims-obsessed parent :lol:

Whilst again i think sims3 will again miss the attentions of the normal gaming crowd, i'm pretty sure it'll have no effect due to the rabid following of non-gamers :)

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

i barely got to touch my gameboy after my dad discovered tetris :(

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

:eyebrow:

4. Millusdk

Millusdk What's a Dremel?

Sad

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You should have seen my Dad on the old PC. When I introduced him to Thief he hogged the PC for the next year, completing every level on every difficulty and doing each level in different styles and with different routes. The one person I know who can do an IRON MAN Thief Run (No kills, no detections, no shots fired, no zombies stunned, no tools used, no health lost, all money saved, all loot collected).

I remember when he played Bloodwych on the Amiga A500+ too. It was a tile-based RPG and he used so much square paper to make maps that it spread in to three folders and, laid out, was larger than our garden!

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Mum loved playing Tetris, the only game she's ever played.

7. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

haha now thats disturbing lol

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah that's pretty hardcore

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Ive seen people disappear for weeks playing the sims.

10. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

My dad was like that with Diablo (1 and 2). I'd played it when he go the 1st one (when still at home), but he was still playing them last year! That’s where I get my obsessive single game playing tendencies from! He’s got a WarCrack addiction now.

My GF has an addiction (I mean addiction) to online jigsaw puzzles. Ironically she hasn’t made the physical one I brought for her b’day.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I lost my Game Gear when Road Rash came out... :(

Then I lost my copy of Half Life when it first came out... :(

12. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

My Dad was like this for the original Lands of Lore (3.1" floppy version, not the fancy CD-ROM version ;) ) he drew up maps and wrote down all sorts of numbers and had all of this info for the game it was ridiculous. I am sure it's all still in the game-box so if I can find it I will have to throw up some pics as you could easily write a tabletop RPG book based off of everything there lol.

13. Modfreak

Modfreak What's a Dremel?

Well... here is not my dad, he is my brother in law who married to my sister, he is around 40Years old or more... :D however i remember how my family freaked out when my sister in labor and he is no where to be found mobile off, well my sister didnt give birth that day and he turn up 2 days later explaining he got caught up with a Lan party ( He sound so excited when he talk about it :lol: ). Now he has 2 little boy and i saw him the other day holding the baby boy in one hand feeding him, the other hand going hard out on WOW and his eyes is watching TV... :hehe::hehe:

14. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

That's why it's too early for me to have kids =/

15. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

When I first set up my mega drive I turned it on but then with the excitment I really needed a slash. Upon coming back downstairs my mum was already onto level 2 of Sonic lol :D

Tags: