1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor armed and ready

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kenco_uk, 5 Apr 2008.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a monitor arm for a 24" TFT monitor? I've had a look round and, whilst my monitor weighs under 8Kg, I'm only seeing monitor arms that could essentially handle the weight, but only advertised as being able to handle up to 17" screens.

I'm looking for something hopefully not too dear and I'm not fussed about the flashy looking ones. Does it matter how thick the desk is where you attach it to? Because atm I'd guess it's about half an inch thick.

Thanks for any help.

2. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

3. ~tjb~

~tjb~ Not Your Average 17 year old

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

It might be worth speaking to BlueAran Kenco?

The LCD Desk Mount they advertise on the site is this one (<£30).
    Unfortunately... there's no mention of the maximum size/weight of screen it accepts?

Whatever...

[edit] Here's one which accepts up to 24"/15kgs,
    but it's £99.00 delivered, which might be a bit rich for ya? [/edit]

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. There was a blog I've read since and the chap who runs it got sent a couple of very nice monitor arms, which look very nice - in the comments however, there's talk of someone using one and because of the centre of gravity being different to other monitors, the arm started to sag. I'm a bit wary of this and also any arms that, tbh, don't look like they're up to the job. I'd rather pay a bit more than usual for a good one that will last and that will also not decide to give way at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Golygus - the one you link to looks okay, but the point at which the 'elbow' is looks a bit.. well.. not very strong.

~tjb~ - that looks good and also translates well into £ sterling. Hmmm.. :idea:

Hazardous - I've seen the 'BlueAran' one elsewhere and I don't think it's up to the job, unfortunately. I'd be looking at about half the price of the other one you linked.

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Have you checked the ones being offered (at various prices) on Ebay?