1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Glass On Lumber, DONE! Mother's Day '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KingKinase, 8 May 2008.

1. netsky

netsky What's a Dremel?

very very intersting mod! ;)

2. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

Original and well executed. Hope your mum is as happy as i would be

3. KingKinase

KingKinase 7 1/2 " 4 T W

Mom's thrilled, of course I'm sure mom would have been thrilled if I made it out of popsicle sticks.. Hmm... Popsicle sticks...

Thanks for the comments. I'm worried about the dust too. I figure in a couple months I'll open it up and clean it out and if it gets too unmanageable we'll cover the lexan w/ something like stained glass.

The good news is that its very quiet. A concern I had earlier, was vibration from the hard drive... For anyone going for a minimalist design I feel safe in endorsing mounting the hard drive directly to the DVD tins.

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I know u want to use just what u have in your owrkshop, but here's an idea for the usb:
    U can buy a hub. :) and u can even mod it with little scrap material from the main mod to mod the hub. Like put it between two scraps of lumber. Hubs are very cheap and u can find them easily...

Anyway... just an idea...

5. KingKinase

KingKinase 7 1/2 " 4 T W

Hmm, cool idea. I smell a companion project!

I have a hub double-stick taped to the keyboard tray right now which I think could use an upgrade.