1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wild Tangent: "Consoles are dead"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 May 2008.

1. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Apart from Mr Tad

2. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

amen to St.John on the Nintendo front!!!

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Nintendo's advantage is not just the wiimote. They make fun games. Not pretty games, not "MUST HAVE BLOCKBUSTER GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!" games, but fun games that are fun to play with other people. No one else in the game market seems to be catering to this segment.

As for the death of consoles, he really needs to put down the crack pipe. Maybe in a few more years as console piracy becomes more prevelant and the current gen consoles begin to look more and more dated compared to PC tech, the PC will be again ascendent, but neither is going away.

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

the battle isn't for users, it is for developers.

5. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Well here in China thats true! 0 consoles millions of internet cafe's and gaming is all we do!

6. Rain

Rain What's a Dremel?

Here is a wild idea: :idea:

Why dont Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo do a new 3DO project together, shared costs in the development of the console, they could still create there own remotes (Nintendo always innovates on this front) and then the costs would be shared. Upgradeable graphics would be a good idea, but Nintendo shows that you dont have to have kick ass graphics to make a good game, its all about gameplay & replayability.

I have played PC games for the last 5 years, i used to own a consoles before that, but i think once you emerge yourself in a game you dont really care too much is the graphics are kick ass or not, i have been playing COD UO on the PC again lately its graphics are 4 years old, but the gameplay is still as brilliant as it was when i first played it...:rock:

7. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

QFT

Tags: Add Tags