1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Puzzlebox 2.0 The Second Coming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 20 Apr 2007.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Erm, sorry to nit pick, but technially aren't there 11 Friday the 13th Films and 7 Nightmare films, if you count Freddy vs Jason as both a Friday and a Nightmare film?

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Ok so this is basicly a new skin to the original design... tbh I don't see the point in that, you had all the sponsors and seemingly cnc-time one could ask for and still you make a second square box.. Ofc it's everything to do with personal opinions, but that's my one.

Also about the music in the video: I don't care what piece of music it is, it's up to you what you choose to play, but if it's playing in the background like that, it just doesn't seem right. You either want to have no sounds at all or have the music at high quality (edited) to the video. Now it seems like you just forgot to pause it while shooting the film.

3. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I personally think this mod is a good example of modding talent. I'm loving the red arcylic and the pattern is amazing did you copy it from somewhere or design it yourself??

Sam Culley

4. Lemur 6

Lemur 6 What's a Dremel?

Ah, not to familiar with the Hellraiser series eh? The Lament Configuration, is where he got the pattern from. Go rent Hellraiser, and you will be immediately acquainted with the box.

5. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Problem is... Since everyone has already seen the first one, they base your work off of it. Had it been the first puzzlebox you'd made, everyone would drop their jaws over it... Ironic isn't it?

Build quality is top notch as always, and I personally like the look of the second one. I don't prefer the first over the second, or the second over the first. They may be based on the same thing, though that doesn't mean they will be built the same way. IMO, it's like comparing apples to oranges between the two.

I certainly wouldn't mind either of them sitting next to my monitor ;).

6. Toka

Toka Minimodder

You have shown some close ups of the red plexi that makes me think that the pictures of the mod that you have taken are doing it no justice - the edge detail seems to be just merging in with the rest of the red plexi.

Id bet my house that this mod looks a thousand times better in real life - grats on another acomplished build mate.

7. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Im afraid youre abslolutely right, my camera is a piece of s**t :( But ive got a Canon EOS 400d on the way now so next time there will be alot better pictures.

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

The cube looks amazing. But i am a bit confused about the workings. The pics show a cube on top of a "pc box". But what is the use of the cube ? Does it have a function or is it a sort of lamp?

9. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I think it looks great. Not to be a downer or something, but you should have built the cube only, with all the pc components on the inside of the cube and not inside the box underneath it. Because now it does look a bit like an old-school pc with the crt on top of the pc.

Will the 3rd cube you build maybe be like this?

10. DannyDirect

DannyDirect What's a Dremel?

I want to congratulate you on the beauty of this case, although water cooling tubes sticking out of the top would be a nice touch. Anyway, well done, fantastic detail, however, I think the red color makes it look a bit tacky and toy-ish. Perhaps stick the the original theme of the Hell Raiser/Bound movies with wood effect and brass.

Tags: Add Tags