1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computex 2008: Pre-show products

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 2 Jun 2008.

1. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I am all over that Asus HDAV, I've been drooling over it since they first talked about it. I just got a Bluray drive and I'm actually waiting for the HDAV before I make the move from my old 5.1 surround (currently using spdif from the mobo) to a new 7.1 reciever, I just can't stand the thought of using the analog outs of my sound card.

Maybe by the time Nehelem debuts, Asus will have hdmi with 7.1 straight off the motherboard rear panel.

2. LuckyNV

LuckyNV What's a Dremel?

I am loving that Cooler Master HAF 932, I own a CM690 right now and its almost faultless exception being its rather small. The HAF932 looks like a bigger version internally, even adequate space for water cooling. The outside looks acceptable enough to me. I hope €129 is inc VAT and hopefully its hitting UK soon :D

3. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

First; don't use optical, use RCA s/pdif if you want to go digital. On the analogue outputs I'd say it's quite useful if you have an amplifier that doesn't support DTS Master or Dolby True HD decoding, but want high definition sound! And yes, before you ask, the difference is huge on a decent set of speakers.

Tags: Add Tags