1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard has one more unannounced game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

World of Diablo! A MMORPG that goes kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, RSI.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Starcraft Ghost didn't look too exciting, even a few years ago. I want a new game, hopefully not related to the Lost Vikings...

Or maybe a console game? I would kill for a decent Blizzard Wii game.

4. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Call me cynical but I still think World of Starcraft is sort of a done deal eventually, having it follow up on starcraft II (which will bring the franchise to a whole new generation of gamers and some of those who missed it the first time, plus hopefully reminding those who did play the first time around how good it was) makes sense. Given how long MMORPG's take to make, it wouldn't be too surprising if they'd started on it already.

5. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Yeah. I wonder why Blizzard doesn't make console games. Compared to other developers, they're rather modest, not the ones pushing for uber PC hardware in their games. The only thing I see hampering them from making console games is no mouse and keyboard. Is that a big enough reason?

StarCraft : Ghost Cheesecake. Using Wii remote for nuclear strike.:naughty:

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I am kinda hoping for SC:Ghost. I'm not one to enjoy MMORPG's, so maybe that explains it... plus, i LOVE my X360 - so they better bring it there...

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

They don't do consoles because that would take up valuable development time that is spent making the games we enjoy so much. Would you like StarCraft II if it was buggy as hell?
    As for the game, I am hoping for something from StarCraft (Ghost), or Diablo (Might be interested in a WOD), or WarCraft (Warcraft 4). Or even something entirely new.

8. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Diablo 3 is/was no secret.. I've known it was in development for years.

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

World of Starcraft would make sense, but I'll be happy with World of Lost Vikings.

10. The Chugnut

The Chugnut What's a Dremel?

Bring on Rock N' Roll Racing 2!

11. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

im hopeing for warcraft 4 (as a strategy game of course)

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Really? Then why didn't you tell me? D:

I'm guessing another MMO as well, world of starcraft. Probably not starcraft ghost since the reiterated in France the other day that they're not interested in consoles. I don't really like MMO's (mainly because I can't stand the sub fee), but it has to be acknowledged that Blizzard are best in the business and they would have learnt a lot from making WoW. Also a decent sci fi based MMO would be cool.
    Lost Vikings was my favourite game when I was a kid, so something related to that franchise would make me happy too.

13. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Well, if you'd have asked....

Besides, I'd forgotten.. but I remember reading a preview/interview about it, years back.

14. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Is this the project hydra we heard mentioned a while ago?

15. rollo

rollo Modder

blizzard should never touch consoles, They are only pc developer who constantly delivers the goods. Warcraft 4 would be nice but not likely till after wrath of hte lich king.

Starcraft 2 has long since been announced.

world of starcraft wont ever be released till wow dies off.

mmos and subfee. Wow is £8 a month that buys me 2 pints of beer and a bag of chrisps at the local pub ( just ) woopeewoo lol or i can have 20 + hrs of gameplay a week more if you are raiding.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I.. I really hope it's not Starcraft Ghost.

I love the fan renders of Nova's bum, but by god, the game would probably suck, and all the appeal of her bum would be lost :(

17. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

There's been some comments on new franchises lately, I'm surprised that everyone is stuck on the old brands and not even mentioning the possibility of a whole new thing?

Quote from http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19217 (at the bottom of the page):
    "What I will say, though, is that the idea of a new franchise is very intriguing to employees of the company. Are we ever going to release a new one? I would absolutely say we will at some point. I just don’t know when that day will be quite yet." - Paul Sams, chief operating officer, Blizzard Entertainment

Also, it's been posted before that Blizzard has been looking for new people for a "next gen MMO", and it's mentioned in the interview, (tho Rob Pardo doesn't directly say it) that they are working on one, with a separate development team. Find it very hard to consider it a rumor based (as it's been said to be in the news post) on having seen the adds for new jobs for that and that it's been admitted in the interview. Of course with Blizzard, you can never be 100% sure no matter what they say =]

Yes it's true they have shown that they really put their IP to good use, sequel after sequel. But at some point it will get back at them and I would be very surprised if they weren't aware of that. At least for Warcraft, there is no more lore left after WotLK comes out, so the next expansion will be about something that we don't know about yet, at all.

18. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

Or, maybe, you know...

A new goddamn IP for once.

But hey, why bother trying something new when you can crap out remakes and make millions?

19. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Warcraft IV?
    World of Warcraft 2?

20. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

as long as it's for the PC, I don't really care what they come out with next :) I'll play it.

Tags: Add Tags