1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard has one more unannounced game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jul 2008.

1. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

WarCraft IV come on WarCraft IV

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Blizzard will never make console games because 6 months after release, no one remembers them. That's not how Blizzard rolls. All of their bnet games are still played nowadays, even (for some) 10 years later

I have a feeling it's going to be World of Starcraft or something along those lines, but Warcraft IV would make a lot of sens. The third one is still popular but it is now 6 years old

3. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Maybe they'll release Warcraft: Lord of the Clans, I was actually excited for that game back in the day and they canceled it. Oh well it would weird if they announced Warcraft 4, they would be working on sequels for everything at one.

4. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! was so pissed off when they did WOW instead of Warcraft4

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

WoW came only two years after W3. There was no way they would have made a new Warcraft two years after the third one and a year after its expansion

6. HatriX

HatriX Æ

Well, StarCraft is 10 years old, Diablo - 8 and Warcraft - 6. WoW doesn't really count as a sequel to the last, simply because it's not a RTS. Warcraft IV might just make sense.

Truth to be told though, I'd play whatever they make, simply because THEY made it.

7. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

BloodWyche

8. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

I'll say World of Warcraft 2. However, it would be easily 2+ years down the road.

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

First "Warcraft", then "Starcraft", next up "Beercraft"!! Terrans convert the command center into a brewry; instead of mining crystals and gas, you harvest barley and hops; beer delivery trucks replace tanks; research options include better taste and less filling; no more Zerg or Protoss battles, they are replaced by bar room brawls. :rock:

Seriously though, I love Blizzard. I've spent more hours playing Warcraft II and III, Diablo, Starcraft, Diablo II, and Diablo II LOD than all other games combined over the last 10+ years. I can't wait to see what they have in the works.

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I know! I know!

It'll be a "World of Diablocraft a MMORTS" that looks like "kingdom under fire" but in space ! Wouldn't that be fun?

11. jweller

jweller What's a Dremel?

Salivating

I am falling out of my seat exstatic they finally announced Diablo 3! However, the graphics look to be nice but average. I wish that Blizzard for once would try pushing the graphics envelop in their games. They focus on middle of the road graphics quality, I suppose so that they can grab the largest possible player base. Most of the highly anticipated PC games released these days have uber graphic quality, almost photo-realism. I know Blizzards has an incredibly long development cycle for their games so maybe that isn't really practical for them -- by the time they actually release their games graphics technology has usually progressed three generations from the time they started the games development.

Anyway I'm salivating for the release date of Diablo 3 -- 2009 maybe?

12. dr-strangelove

dr-strangelove What's a Dremel?

Im really hoping that its Warcraft 4 but I don't think it's likely since they've got World of Warcraft and there's no way they could get the plots to sync, or else they'd just have to avoid changing anything and that'd make a crap story/game. Personally I hope it's something completely new, Blizzard hasn't made a bad game yet and if anyone can create a killer title it's them.

That'd be bad cos it'd take the focus off making a really cool game and I think that's what makes Blizzard's games stand out. I can't remember a single Blizzard game that could be considered 'cutting-edge' in terms of graphics but all of their games are fun and have good stories nontheless.

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

My bets are on either:
    -a console port of one of their in-development or existing titles
    -a partnership with another studio, leasing out their skilled cinematic talent in the same manner Squaresoft was commissioned for The Animatrix
    -an expansion pack to Starcraft II, developed in parallel with the game

14. diasam

diasam What's a Dremel?

Ok so let's look at it this way:

Releases in order of date: Starcraft -> Diablo 2 -> Warcraft 3

Let's see the announcements in order of date: Starcraft 2 -> Diablo 3 -> ????

My guess is Warcraft 4. Or Blizzard is making a new franchise because they know that people don't like it when companies keep milking off their old franchises by making sequels (even if they're good).

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

It should be a whole new series, that would do Blizzard best... they should let the classics reign and bring us a new EPIC that will steal away another two years(minimum) of our lives - like diablo did all those years ago (and for heavens sake not in the manner that warcrack is doing now)
    It had best not be another mmo, the genre that imho is killing the PC Game "fun-factor" (whats the point of a game that has no end?)

16. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Hm...I wonder how many have actually watched the interview and read gamasutra? Lets see...R.Pardo admits they have another developement crew for another project, also they've been looking for people to work on an MMO (which isn't WoW) and they've talked about wanting to find a new franchise....Is it really that hard to connect the dots? =]

About the discussion of WoW and Warcraft 3, with WotLK WoW will be reaching the end of story line told in WC3: The Frozen Throne. After that, Blizzard has at least one more Expansion planned for WoW. Whether they decide to use the material planned for that expansion for a new Warcraft-the-real-time-clicker remains to be seen. Either way, unless something dramatic happens to the WoW community for some unknown reason, the Warcraft lore would seem to be focused on WoW for the time being. Anything is possible with Blizzards rather flawless fell for focusing and timing.

Warcraft 4? Why would they make two strategy games to be released so close to each other? Doesn't make sense, especially if you note the point of their games having really long lifespans - as previously mentioned in the comments.

Amon I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but please have a look around mate, making an expansion pack while the original is still in the works? That's got to be the best/worst I've heard on any discussion over this topic, anywhere. Honestly.
    I guess you aren't aware of the Warcraft movie?

17. rollo

rollo Modder

it wont be a console game that much can be taken as a gaurentee. As ms or sony would have to guarentee the servers would allow mods and be up for the next 10 years. ( diablo 1 2 ) Warcraft 2 3 are both still played extensively online.

warcraft 4 would be good to see. Dout we would see it till 2010 though

18. jonyb222

jonyb222 What's a Dremel?

Blizzard once made starcraft for the N64...
    It got bombed to kingdom come.

(I got no idea how to write that expression properly, you get the idea)

19. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

While surfing on the net I find a lot of people clamoring for a Diablo MMORPG, isn't Diablo already a MMORPG?

20. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

no its classed as an action role playing game (arpg)
    differences are small
    MMO: usually one big world or several severs that everyone plays in.
    RPG: usually you create a game for yourself and maybe a few others to play in.

Tags: Add Tags