1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P182 door problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Demon Cleaner, 10 Jul 2008.

1. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I just received my brand new P182 and am having problems with the door. I was led to believe that this would freely swing open to 270 degrees. However mine only goes to 190ish. Can anyone confirm whether this is a double hinged system? I've pushed it (gently) a bit further and the bottom of the grilled section (between the door and the main case) seems to give a bit, but the top bit won't budge - well it might, but I got a feeling the whole door might just come off with it! I've seen a video where a guy just gently swung it all 270 degress, so I don't see why it would need to be forced. It still has it's plastic wrapper protecting the door on, but I don't see how this can be obstructing anything.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

The door on mine was a "little" stiff when I first got mine too.

I just applied even and gently increasing pressure and it finally popped all the way back and is fine now. I was really worried about breaking it and it did make a rather worrying sound when it finally popped all the way back.

Hope this helps

3. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much. Just tried it and it worked. A tiny piece of plastic flew into my face from where the double hinge is locked! I guess it's just the way it's manufactured and some may be harder than others to open at first.

4. blah

blah Minimodder

Mine only goes 190^

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's a double hinged door, just keep pushing at 190^.