1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Computer Game NPCs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Hiren, 18 Jul 2008.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I definitely would have expected GlaDOS to be SOMEWHERE on the list, she was hilarious. Even WCC should have made it, regardless of his non-speaking, non-moving role in the game.

Someone from Psychonauts would have done the list good I think.

2. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Really? Why is that?

3. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

HK-47 did not make it? Man that was the best most memorable character in any game I've played. The sarcasm, humor and robotic threats were awesome.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Because sometime even *I* get tired of ranting about it. Murray slipped in at the end though - some his quotes are just awesome.

5. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Yeah Card joe, you suck for not throwing Morte up on that list when you put torment in your best games ever list. Keep it real.

NPC honorable mentions

1. that ninja from metal gear and that nerd (although a dousche)
    2. rakanishu, Diablo 1&2
    3. Your mom or girl friend telling you "get off the computer it's 4 am"
    4. urshin (playstation Chronotrigger) the comic relief as a souless robot with a hot dryad inside
    5. Bindibadgi/DaDaego (bit-tech) offensive and lame avatars made us want to throw them through a hot dog stand, drown them with mustard, and posses their bodys.
    6. Vega street fighter 2 the world warrior (doesn't count cause a the other ones)

6. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

Where is Jack Carver??? He is my number one!!!!

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

even if english isn't your first language, there's no need to be rude.

NPC's.... Jack Carver is a playable character. ;)

8. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Morte for president!

I think Alyx made to the top of the list mostly because of the game itself. She isn't even fun, but ok

I just remembered another funny guy... That "familiar" that lives in your "private world" in baldur's gate 2. That "KAPAAW" sound he use to make is quite fun.

Another memorable (but not fun at all): Deckard Cain in Diablo I & II (and he's coming back in Diablo III)

That secretary in "the agency" from Hitman. The english captain (forgot his name) on CoD IV. I really like that one.

Oooo that sarcastic guy that lives in your mind in Penumbra Black Plague. That ******* that makes u kill the scientist girl.

That demon girl in Dark Messiah of might and magic.

GEEZ!!! The "Guardian" in Ultima series! One of the most well developed bad guy in games! And the mostsurprising background!
    After some games doing the "avatar" things in the end u discover that the more good deeds u did in the past, more he grows stronger. Kinda an "anti-alter ego".

Nordom, "The Modron battle cube" in Planescape:torment... "I think therefore I am... I think..." fantastic quote to a robot like creature!

But none is better than Morte... When u turn him into a "easter egg" it even become cute!
    Tell me Mr Martin, you forgot him?

Just a curiosity "MORTE" in portuguese and spanish means "DEATH"

Last edited: 19 Jul 2008
  9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

[​IMG]
    Did you guys forget about THE ULTIMATE DIAMOND GEEZER?!:miffed:

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

"Hello my friend! Stay a while and listen!..."

11. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

Where is Magnus Armstrong? He's the guy on the left of the picture on the front page, from No One Lives Forever. Not the first time someone from NOLF appears on a frontpage picture and never is mentioned in the article, right?

12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Great article and gets people thinking about their own personal faves. I think Alyx is a good choice for number 1, although i did find her slightly annoying in the original Half Life 2. The development of her character in Ep 2 was well implemented, and even her cringe-worthy attempts at humour made me chuckle :)

13. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

14. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Go on admit it.....Kane is over hyped and has never really been that dare i say it.....good

Got to admit on Andrew Ryan though a man who seems evil but at heart seemed to have good intentions and its very hard to decide....a truely complex and well written character.

Although Frank Fontaine for me was possibly a better one with what happens early on and the story behind him

The power sturggle between the 2 men was biblical and would of ben intresting to see during the demise of Rapture

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's an honourable mention.

16. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I would pick have picked harold over dogmeat in the fallout series, but there were so many good characters in the fallout series makes it a had pick anyways. I still loved dogmeat though.

17. evanbraakensiek

evanbraakensiek What's a Dremel?

I've only played one of those games (Half Life 2) and it was disappointing, what sheltered lives we live!

18. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

No Kerrigan?

[​IMG]

19. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

aribeth from 'neverwinter nights' would get a place from me.

Good to see deus ex in there as well as Kane (Tanya from CnC games also was quite fun)

20. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

to be honest i think the best and most important character form half life 2 should have been there instead of alex- the G-man. He's the ultimate shady character, you really don't know where you stand with that geezer

Tags: Add Tags