1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Devil May Cry 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Feb 2008.

1. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I understand. Did you notice any of this "screen tearing" or "3-time longer load times" that everyone keeps talking about w/ the 360 version?

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Load times were a matter of seconds for the most part - ten or fifteen at the very most. Screen tearing? I can't say I honestly remember seeing it, but I may have just skipped over it by accident since I wasn't purposely looking for it. If people harbor that as a serious concern then I'll check it out tomorrow morning.

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

not seen any obvious tearing with a few hours playing on a 360 @ 1080p

4. devdevil85

Then I guess it's not an issue (w/ the full version of course)....it wasn't w/ the demo on 360 so.....

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

The "hovering" thing... I always thought it could be loosely explained as recoil from the gun.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It seems to me the hovering issue was a recurrent bug from the first game that people got so used to they now see it as a 'feature'. This kind of thing has existed before, anyone remember Tri-Planing from Descent? By aiming at a dodgy angle and pressing forwards, left and up at the same time, you got triple the speed. It was a bug, plain and simple, but people saw it as a feature of the game.

7. devdevil85

Played the full version game yesterday in 1080i on 360, and I didn't notice any long loading times and I didn't really notice screen tearing, but the textures weren't really up to par on certain objects and surfaces as I had seen on the PS3, but hell who cares, the game looks/plays next-gen, but the game does get a little repetitious after the 200th kill on the same zombie/monster.....but still a fun game nonetheless.....

8. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

This is a great game, the install time is a bit extreme (20+Mins am I mistaken by the fact the PS3 is infact a game console, and not a PC). Its fast paced and good for new comers to the series, and its a visual delight.

9. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

Review seems pretty much on in my opinion. God job as always Bit-tech team.

As for the 360 loading times longer then the PS3 version, the PS3 has to load ~5Gb of data onto the hard drive. So instead of getting the data from a disk (360) it gets it directly from the hdd(PS3). To me, its understandable that the 360 loading times would be a bit slower.

10. mushky

mushky gimme snails

The reason for the blizzard is explained at the boss fight

11. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I just picked this up today for my 360 and the reaction that came out of mine and my mates mouths as we all took turns playing.
    was:
    holy crap this game is amazing and so fun to play.

am only on the start of misson 4 as havnt had much chance to play but cant wait to play it on full HDMI when i get home from uni in march :D

12. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

If it's a "bug" from the first game, why was the "hovering" effect actually mentioned as a feature in the original game's manual and all subsequent games?

13. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

14. preacherzson

preacherzson Dremel jigsaw attachment? SWEET!!!!

wasn't that a feature of Descent (by the way, one of the greatest soundtracks for a game ever?) I thought I remembered reading about it in the manual....

Tags: Add Tags