1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows RED ALERT 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 13 Feb 2008.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

No worries Neo, you will get yours soon, incase people want to read the actual email, so they can read more on it, i copied the url of it here

Sam

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

The second wave emails are going out. Keep an eye on your emails!

EDIT:

Apparently the second wave, which was to coincide with the release of the 1.1 patch was stopped because a bug fix in the patch wasn't working right. So they let the patch go, but stopped the wave of invites for the time being.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2008
  3. Neogumbercules

Woot! Got in. So far so good. Loving it!

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Got mine, will download when I can get on the main rig

5. samkiller42

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:sigh:
    Not got one..yet, please EA, please let me have one tomorrow, that's all i ask.
    How does the game play though guy's? Do you enjoy it? Better or equal 2 RA2?

Sam

6. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Downloaded and installed but haven't managed to get in to a game yet, anyone up for a mess around?

7. Neogumbercules

So far the game play is very good. Each and every unit is highly specialized, making unit mixing very important. You really need to scout in this game to see what your enemy has before you dedicate to an attack. Build times and the economy are all slower, and that's a very good thing. You can no longer "spam" your economy to build a massive army. You can certainly still get a lot of units in your forces, especially if you expand and protect your economy, but you're not going to be seeing 75 tanks coming at you. Even if you did, they would be easily countered.

In my last game I was playing a 2v2 with my friend. I kept my enemy busy with some light harassment while trying to expand my economy out to the sea. My enemy actually had more units than me, but he had mostly infantry. I brought in two hovercraft transports, which have good anti-infantry machine guns, and messed up his guys. I had to retreat repeatedly, but I managed to keep him at bay long enough for me to expand to a few more ore mines and build some tanks, some IFVs with infantry in them, and a couple more of those hovercrafts. I sieged the outer area of his base, forcing his units to come out and get me. While he was distracted with that, I snuck in a cryocopter around the back and froze his ore collector, then dropped a bomb on it with my Vindicator bomber for a one-shot kill. Then I took in another cryocopter and started freezing his structures. When his MCV was frozen, I one-shotted it with one of my low level units. I wiped his base pretty easily, then he quit.

His buddy was playing Soviets and was attacking my friend most of the game. My friend managed to stay alive long enough for me to come and help out. I used my cryocopter to freeze his V4 missile launcher that was assualing my ally, then did a little expanding seaward. He tried to make a move on me with some Apoc tanks but my Cryocopters and a single IFV truck proved too much. The most powerful tanks in the game taken out by 2 low level units whose total cost is probably less than 1 Apoc tank:cooldude: The sneaky *******! He snuck a Kirov into my base! He took out most of my structures before my ally could come and save my ass, but this is where the gameplay really shines. I managed to pack up my MCV and head out to sea to start anew. I got back on my feet and expanded to the other enemies now vacant ore mine. Time for a new strategy. I saw him camping his base, he had Apocs, and lots of defense structures. I took half-assed pot shots with some of my ground units, but the real attack force was approaching from the deep... I used Dolphins and two Assualt Destroyers to blow up his oceanic ore mine, then moved in on him with my Aircraft Carriers. He had devoted all of his efforts towards building up his base and making super strong ground units, and here I come with sea bound units that can bombard his base from miles away in complete safety. Faced with impossible odds, he ended up quitting.

When the developers stated that they really want to make naval battle an important function, they really meant it. The sea adds a huge amount of variety to the strategy, and the ability to put almost any structure in the water is really cool. Hope you get yours Sam, you're really gonna enjoy it.

8. samkiller42

Thanks Neo, Got my email this morning, handy, considering i'm at work all day, so it whould be ready for when i come home at 4, w00t, i simply can't wait.

Sam

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I hate you, I aint got anything yet :(

10. samkiller42

Downloaded and installed now Mike, just waiting for an update, then it's play time:clap:

Sam

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

grrrrr

12. samkiller42

Anyone up for some games, now that i've played all 3 teams, i'm happy i could do something usefull now.
    samkiller42 is my RA3 user.

Sam

Edit: A picture to tease you mike.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Aug 2008
  13. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Im a little disappointed.. The game has no sandbox / single player portion of the beta. You install it and the only option is to then go online and find a game.

So before you have even had chance to familiarise yourself with any of the units or the mechanics of the game, you have to join an online game where some random opponent is killing you in the first few mins.

Its ok for those that have mates who are also in the beta and can set up a game to 'sandbox' the process for a while, but for those that dont, its a pretty dire beta !

If they didnt want to include AI in the beta, then they should have atleast added a sandbox mode for you to play around with the units and build orders etc... or offered a tutorial.

14. samkiller42

I completly agree with you on that, although, the site did say it was a Multiplayer beta, so...
    One thing that is annoying me are the little shites that sit in the lobby slateing EA and other C&C titles, i mean GROW UP!!!!! Other than that, i do enjoy it.
    @lewchenco, if you want, PM me and we can go into a game so you can get used to the units and factions.

Sam

15. Neogumbercules

There is a way to trick the game into going into sandbox mode.

You have to go to automatch and click begin. As you'll see, there are 5 scrolling stars there that light up in order. For a second, you'll notice them pause periodically. When this happens quickly hit "create match" up top then hit the start button as fast as you can. If you did it right you'll launch into a game alone.

I managed to get it to work right twice out of about 20 attempts, but it does work.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I started playing it last night, I was playing solo (Create game, password it, learn how to drive it), but due to being so damned tired, I fell asleep >.>

Woke up to a nice pile of resources though!

17. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Cant wait till this comes out :)

18. Neogumbercules

So I got into a sandbox game using the method I described above and go to wondering. What would happen if I built like 20 super reactors and blew them all up at the same time?

Apparently, this:

[​IMG]

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

along with a huge framerate drop i presume :D

I wish i was part of the beta. I bet they need crappy computers to tell them how well/bad the game scales down

20. inverted

inverted What's a Dremel?

The graphics look really good. I hope unlike all of the other EA C&C titles this will be as good as RA2 or any other westwood C&C game for that matter. Only a few months to find out. Also for people who have the beta are there still superweapons and what are they like?

Thanks

Tags: