1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bloo Balls by Cheapskate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

My cousin spotted me on Gizmodo too. I'm getting a lot of :eyebrow: reviews.:hehe:
    -For the record, it's just '-punk'.
    @Stuey - nice use of nice.:D

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Ooh, there are Bloo balls on the front page.. You deserve it Cheapskate.. :p

3. bwuggley5

bwuggley5 What's a Dremel?

hi bloo balls, I have been looking at bit tech and seeing your work here and there. I like this case, it is rather appealling. Good work I say, well done , it looks great.
    A tip...I read some time ago at MSI forums a good tip for seating heatsinks before trying to tighten any screws...it may help you tighten what you reckon is the bulky...did you say...block for the Northbridge?? the block with the acrylic?? and the 2 barbs on the top that is split inot 2 sections for each barb ??...press very firmly with the forefinger directly in the center of the heatsink, butto hold the block hard and square on the top of chipset , then , tighten the holding screws gently fingertight until all the screws to the same position...I have not done a lot of modding, just trying to get started really, but even with Intel P4 heatsink fan assemblys this is an excellent way to get a good flat and secure heatsink onto a chipset fit. After finger tightening each screw gently screw down with the screwdriver. Practice has helped me get this technique to work well I think...to feel how much to screw to keep the fit flat and tight.
    I had to mention this because it seems a mighty big shame that a nice looking water cooling block like that one does not get to sit on a chipset...!!
    Nice coloured case that one.

4. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Sorry, I don't like it.

5. Cheapskate

Thanks again everyone.:D
    @bwuggley5 - The problem was it was a spring-clamped northbridge. Even with extra pressure from the thicker block it wouldn't sit still. I have 2 unused waterblocks now. They make excellent paperweights.

6. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I bet you get some major sponsorship after this.

What I'd like to see is industrial suppliers getting in on all this. Say, Enco, for example. Maybe your next sponsor can help you with a power tool upgrade or something. Not that your skill is limited by your work, but how much/what can they possibly send you when you make due with whatever is available!

7. CrixD

CrixD Teh LoLlandic fool :o

Many people forget that Blooballs was a LOW cost casemod :/
    I think it is brilliant, and purely shows that casemod does not have to be done by the wallet.
    About the style. I think it has it's own charm :)

8. Cheapskate

@Stuey - I really hope so. To be honest, I'm terrible at bumming.:hehe: I sent out 2 e-mails requesting sponsorship.
    Did Craftsman ever replace Bob Villa?:naughty: And industrial sponsor would rule. I probably can't get a CNC machine, but casting and welding stuffs would be cool. -or custom extruded aluminum coldplates... mmm, yummy ideas.
    @CrixD - Thanks, but low cost? I spent like, $900 on this one. -Not including new tools. The 'toad was low cost, $40.

9. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Yer great workmanship. Really impressive skills and inginuity.

But unfortunately if i'm being honest i think this case is a whole new level of ugly :p.

Great work but not for me :)

10. Cheapskate

I hear that a lot. When I realized it would be loud, I went all out.

11. tonschk

tonschk Minimodder

This is the First plexiglas case already with the PSU at the bottom , all the other ready made plexiglas case are made with the PSU still at the top

I like the colors , Blue , orange , copper , good combination

Last edited: 27 Aug 2008
  12. leowheeler

leowheeler What's a Dremel?

this is nuts!! jus a calibration of colour! secretly disguising a hamster cage ! lol only kiddin great mod!

13. Ryan Cooper

Ryan Cooper It's been a long time.

Incredible job Cheaps!

- The wet saw would have never crossed my mind.

By the way, do you think a wetsaw would be good for cutting acrylic?

because, at least with me, i have to be really careful with acrylic, due to melting and all.

14. Megalex

Megalex What's a Dremel?

ExellenT!!!

Tags: Add Tags