Electronics Need Help Feeding Power to LCD Controller.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Luarana, 27 Aug 2008.

1. Luarana

Luarana What's a Dremel?

Hello all at Bit-tech, im new to this site so i hope i havent placed this in the wrong section.

I have recently begun a mini-itx project built inside a Aluminium Suitcase. [​IMG]

I have encounter multiple problems but my most vexing one atm is feeding power to the LCD.

The LCD is an LG 566LM 15inch from my original Desktop computer. It usually runs on a AC 240v cable. But i am attempting make it run on 12v or molex power.
    The System will run off a 200w mini power supply.[​IMG]

I've so far succeeded to remove the AC Power Supply from the back of the board and the plug to the Control board displays this >>>

[​IMG]

I am gonna attemp to wire a molex to that but due to the fact there are 2 5volt lines can i split the 5v on a molex connector or do i need to find 1 5volt from two seperate molex's.

Please Advise.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

If they are both just 5v inputs, then there is no problem to short them together/split one 5v wire to feed both 5v inputs, but i would want to check out the datasheet first or at least study the ciruit board so i know what all the pins are for, same goes for the other two which you think are ground.

3. Luarana

Luarana What's a Dremel?

Do you have any sites that can help me read up on how to "read' a circuit board. cause i cant actually tell which capacitor joins which. will it break if i feed the 2 x 5volts and the 12 volt and leave the ground attached to a grounding cable. "even if they werent ground that is" they are also Black Cables on the original cable which lead me to assume it is a grounding connection.

also anyone know if

|
    12V is - 12v since the others are just +5V without the dash at the top

Problem SOLVED =D =D looks like i forgot VGA Is not plug and play restarting worked.

12v molex powered LCD :)

Last edited: 27 Aug 2008