1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Recommend Me Some Metal - Nu No Way

Discussion in 'General' started by mookboy, 18 Aug 2008.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Well I've managed to find a few things to enjoy, but still nothing majorly new or eye (ear?) opening.

Bullet For My Valentine - didn't care too much for their earlier music, but bloody hell 'Scream Aim Fire' is one hell of a good record. You can hear their influences a mile off, but it's still a bloody top thrash album with enough new influence to make it sound relevant.

I have found that I am now totally bored of death metal, and hardcore bands trying to play death metal. I am soooooo over that period of music.

Killswitch Engage still absolutely SLAY. Got their last album which I didn't have until now, and love it. Also their cover of DIO's 'Holy Diver' is just brilliant - see the video, quality stuff.

36 Crazy Fists are hilariously boring.

New Dragonforce album is hilariously over the top. That has to be saying something. Been following these boys since Valley of the Damned, and I am just in awe of how they can get cheesier and more OTT with every record. They have a song called 'Strike of the Ninja', and it is the year 2008. GOLD.

There is no interesting or fresh metalcore about at the moment. I have tried. I have tried.

Alot of left-field metal sounds 3yrs old now. Progress people! Forget ISIS and Pelican, MOVE ON!

Slipknots new album is actually bloody good.

I am rather enjoying their singers other music from Stone Sour. I am so cool.

2. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Dragonland, Sonata Arctica, Alestorm, Moonsorrow, Bal-Sagoth

3. K

K 528491

Just get the lovely Lykke Li album and forget about new metal, it's all a bit tosh!

4. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Nightshift were a pretty good metal band.

Just for a laugh checkout on youtube a band called "Xentrix" song "Ghostbusters" Thrash metal version. It's got lol factor. Would post but am unable due to work.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I find last.fm is god when it comes to finding new bands :)

btw, try 'Five finger death punch' only just got their new album myself, so not given it a proper listen, sounds good to me so far. :)

edit: +++++ Threat signal. AWESOME debut album, not sure whats going on with them now though...

Last edited: 28 Aug 2008
  6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ok, if you want something new but classic metal, check out the emergent Thrash Metal scene that's happening here and in the US.

Good bands to check out (all on their debut album, if that) are the scene's rising starts Evile, fellow midlanders Pitiful Reign and Ireland's Gama Bomb (although their more cross over than pure Thrash).

Earache, the label, put together a compilation CD of a bunch of the better new Thrash acts, called Thrashing Like a Maniac. It's arguably not worth buying as all the tracks are available for free on the various band's own Myspace pages, but it's worth looking through the track list for some ideas. It's Myspace page (which has some tracks on itself) is http://www.myspace.com/thrashinglikeamaniac

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah already got some Evile and Gama Bomb stuff - I love 'Thrasher' by Evile.

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Then it's worth picking up the whole album. Although personally, of all the new Thrash acts I always prefered Deadfall.

9. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Dare I ask if anyone like Rammstein

10. Senny

Senny What's a Dremel?

Can't beat a bit of Rammstein to break up the monotonous barrage of metal coming from my speakers at times. Tis nice to throw a little german industrial in there :D

Could also try Ektomorf, Caliban, Chimaira are still punting out some decent stuff. Hatebreed. Devil Driver. Fear Factory. Pretty endless list but those are some I regularly enjoy next to Killswitch Engage of course. Not exactly new but still decent none the less.

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I dooo :brrr:

12. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

+1

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Mutter is an awesome album (loving Mein Herz Brennt, Mutter and Sonne at the moment).

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

What's the current flavour of the month in the black metal circles, out of interest?

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Theres a flavour? For me, I just stick on whatever I fancy.
    I'm gonna say it again cos I feel like my post was ignored, but seriously check out last.fm, its pretty useful imo.

16. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I can't get round it's inability to recommend me either (a) something I already have, or (b) something completely bizarre.

17. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Hmm, never seems to with me lol, maybe your just have odd taste ;) haha

18. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Tastes like grit and used engine oil from what I can remember. Kalmah are growing on me, Kolossus apparently have a great album (so good you can even get it at HMV!) and the Norwegians won't let Varg Vikernes out on parole because hes a nutcase.

19. Cathodical

Cathodical What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 17 Apr 2014
  20. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Tags: