1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming FIFA '09

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/10/01/fifa-09/1

It's not just a game of four pages, but two halves this time as we take a look at this year's FIFA title. With new mouse-lead controls and a some super-crisp graphics we wonder if FIFA '09 is showcasing some truly sensible soccer, or if this has all gone a bit foul.

:dremel:

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

rooney isnt round enough!

3. staples

staples What's a Dremel?

I really liked this article, which is surprise because usually articles focusing on games usually lack any sort of real information and cram lots of useless update bullship and developer/publisher brown nosing.

Football sims are very bland at the moment and the change in style we saw back in 2003/2004 has not been recreated. Always a Fifa man until the last great Fifa game (Road to the World Cup 2002) which for me was the last Fifa to adopt fun and not competition as its mainstay, Pro Evo has been the best and Fifa has been playing catchup/copy cat.

A change is needed and it looks as though we have once again been left disappointed. In my eyes I compare the worth of choosing between Fifa or Pro Evo to an update of Football Manager. Everybody complains year on year that Football Manager has not really changed too much but in reality every year the motion of playing the game does generally take a different path, do we get this in Pro Evo or Fifa?

No, and not for many years. It very well might be a lackluster effort, or inability to change due to technology/fear of losing market share that ends up meaning the sheer number who buy Football Manager year on year are not comparable to those who might skip a generation of ailing Pro Evo/Fifa like the many people I know.

4. alleyne

alleyne What's a Dremel?

For everyone i know its been pretty much the same. Most of us started off playing fifa 99 on the pc, and as everyone got started getting ps2's it became fifa xx-06 on it. Then one or two of us started playing pro evo. it took a while for everyone to change over, but i could now never imagine playing fifa over pro evo
    ________
    Ford 335 engine

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Showing my age here but Road to world cup 98 was the last Fifa I enjoyed before switching over to PES in 2002 :X Been playing the demo of this though and the why it plays feels very fluid, people make runs forward quite alot too, just hope the new PES is better than this, I like playing with the superpatch :p

6. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

If we're all being nostalgic now, I started on FIFA in 95 (where it was still in isometric baby!) and moved year upon year to 2002, stopping until 2006 and then continuing with 2007 till now. I'll try this out at the local Gamerbase but only after that will I consider buying it. Pretty, it may be, but I was really into PES6 on the freaking PS2 when I saw that. And that game is probably fairly old too!

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah nothing beats Manchester United Premier League Champions, the ULTIMATE soccer game.

Although on topic, I'm impressed they've managed something new, it must be tempting not to change a cash cow like Fifa on a yearly basis.

8. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I started with Kick Off 3 and International Superstar Soccer (best football game ever!) on the SNES. I too went through the FIFA's until I discovered Pro Evo 2. But I haven't bought the last two years of FIFA/Pro Evo because the demoes were rubbish imo. Hoping this years efforts will be better.

Pro Evo 2 is the definitive pro evo imo. Closely followed by 2. 3 had those stupidly random handballs!

9. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

You didn't say anything about the gameplay? Has it improved? Is it harder to score? Any new skills? Hows is the passing, crossing, tackling?

All you did is harp on about the graphics setting.

10. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

First football video game I ever played was World Cup Soccer on the NES.

Fifa09: I finally get my working long/short through balls and set pieces. And I get clubs back thank god. Euro08 internationals were starting to drive me crazy.

11. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

so as pro evo 2009 is out soon (or now?) are we gonna get a comparison review?

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm a FIFA game that I may consider playing, it started getting old just like all the other sports game that come out each year and is nothing different then the name over the player lol but this looks pretty decent.

13. strjms72

strjms72 What's a Dremel?

Played the demo and it feels better then the last years version but through passes at their default setting are still horrible.

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Loved that game, only football game i ever got into. Hacking the other team to pieces ahh the memories.

15. kempez

kempez modding again!

Nice review. I'm getting Fifa 09 tomorrow on the PS3 and will also be getting Pro Evo as I always do (sad I know ;))

After playing the PES and Fifa demos it seems Pro Evo may win this time around, kinda returning to it's roots, though I wish it would look as nice as Fifa :(

I am liking the cool be a pro game modes, might be interesting for a while :)

16. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Is the PES 09 demo out? you got a url to it?

edit: http://www.gamershell.com/download_33628.shtml

:D

Last edited: 2 Oct 2008
  17. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

OK what I really want to know now is why is there a graphical difference between FIFA 09 PC and FIFA 09 Xbox360, WHY?!

18. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

FIFA PC games are ports from the PS2. FIFA 360 games are built from the ground up. The same goes for physics and features. The 360 version has all the bells and whistles.

ps..down with man u :)

19. gilesy

gilesy who cares who wins

here here m8
    i love fifa and will always get this no matter what some years are better than others but i think this years is good very good in fact

Tags: Add Tags