Education Reading University Book Sale

Discussion in 'General' started by CardJoe, 15 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Some friends of mine are helping to clear out a load of books and textbooks from Reading University and, knowing that a fair few people here are students, I thought I may as well give them a little pimp here.

The textbooks are going to be super-cheap; around 50p to £2. I spent a fortune on textbooks (which I never used) when I was at Uni, so this may be a good idea for some of you.

[​IMG]

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Cheers! Didn't know about this :blush:

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Ah, my old Alma Mater. My department used to be based at the London Road site, and I was in halls next to it as well. I'm coming over all nostalgic - now to complete the feeling, I just need to go out and get totally plastered :D

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I don't know why but there are always loads of Japanese books at these sales. I popped by one here and 90% were in Japanese.

5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

If you come across a book entitled Advanced Design Technology, could i please snag a copy. There is no way im spunking £40 on a book to use till christmas.

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, if it's the London Road site in Reading, it (along with an adjacent halls of residence) was home for about ten years to a Japanese college (before the University regained control of the site in 2004) - so that might explain why there are so many Japanese books there.

7. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

If anyone stumbles across Organic Chemistry by Clayden, Greeves, Warren, and Wothers, I will pay good money for them to send it over...

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah I'd imagine it's to do with the old Gyosei International College.

Cheers for the info Joe, I had no idea about this either! :)

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

If anyone's after a particular book then PM me and I'll take a list down and get what I can (so long as you're prepared to pay P&P as well). A mate of mine just paid £45 for what can't be more than 200pages of economics materials so it's easy to get shafted by these things.

10. thim83

thim83 What's a Dremel?

Nice to know

Tags: