Modding My Case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by curtisjade1, 1 Mar 2007.

1. curtisjade1

curtisjade1 What's a Dremel?

Hi Im new here and I figured that I would post a few pics of my desktop I know that the specks are not that great but I will be upgrading it in the summer I am too busy building more powerful computers for other people :D
    The only mods I have done so far are that I have tinted the case window and I have put handles on it but what I am planning to do on this case is start with painting the interior of the case blue then etching something into the window then cutting a window into the top of the case and then cut a window into the dvd-rw drive then I will paint the outer casing of the dvd-rw drive then I will cut a window into the power supply and backlight it blue then I will change the leds in the drives blue and the fan controller then I am going to put lighting under the case and then maybe start to airbrush the case then I will think of other stuff to do with it anyway here are the pics of it so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

As always, proper punctuation helps a lot to make text readable. The above text looks like ramblings of a 7 year old kid, who has just seen a cow in real life for the first time. And 7 year old kids gives me headaches.

3. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

rofl! Ditto the above!

Hes on a period diet.

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

But don't you just love reading an entire paragraph as a single sentence? It's exhilarating!

Lol. :p

5. Flyinghaggis

Flyinghaggis What's a Dremel?

Not even a single comma...

Your case looks alright as it is IMO. Thought I would get some better cooling for your CPU especially as it's OC'ed, or at least better looking. What temp does your CPU run at?

6. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

Your cable management is good, couple things I would suggest:
    Those light are WAY too bulky for my taste.. there are much nicer and sleeker CCFL's out there.
    Have you considered painting the inside of your case, either black or dark blue? It would make a dramatic change.
    That fan speed controller breaks my eye with it's colours.. consider painting the silver highlights black (not the labels though) and swapping the LED's for blue instead of red.
    Also the handles... be sure you've use some flat washers on the other side of the case panel... with enough weight a simple screw head could pierce through your panel and that wouldn't be fun (I've seen it.. )
    The fan on the back.. consider using a bi-metal holesaw and cutting out the hole for it and then adding a wire grill.. this will allow more air to escape, less dust collection and even reduce noise (a certain amount of whistling noise is produced).
    That's about it.. happy moddin'

7. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

Oh, yeah?

8. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

HAHA YEah!

9. big ally

big ally What's a Dremel?

thats a nice case mate, very neat and tidy inside. Lookin forward to seeing your upgrades

10. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

i likw those ccfls. big ally welcome to bit-tech.

man curtis, so many fans. LOUD!

11. thim83

thim83 What's a Dremel?

LOL Nice one m8

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

how do you get 4gb with 3 modules?

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Missmatched and not paired? 1x2gb stick, 2x1gb sticks?