1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Entourage

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Omega.cro, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Omega.cro

Omega.cro What's a Dremel?

no sir, that was not it.
    there were holes in the filler itself. i guess i went with the wrong brand, or i don't know how to use it. when it dries i gets tiny holes on the surface that are not noticable until you try to pint it.

but it does not matter, i closed those holes with lots of light layers of primer :)
    i'm using DupliColor Car's primer, wich is actually very good at closing small holes like those on the filler

thank you for subscription, cheers

2. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Great work! I'm sorry I didn't catch this earlier but if it's any use, Spot putty/filler will fix those holes on your sidepanels. It's like primer in a putty form, and really easy to sand. It's used for small scratches, dings, and mistakes. It is really a must if you do painting allot! The holes could be caused by air bubbles in the bondo. You can solve that problem by mixing it up, and then spreading it thin over your mixing board before you spread it on your work piece. Do that a couple times first then apply it onto whatever you're working on. Do no worry about it drying out from being spread thin as it dries/hardens from a chemical reaction, not by air. It's prolly too late now for that info, just keep it in mind for future reference. Good luck and I can't wait to see more. Great scenery btw.

3. Omega.cro

indeed, it's too late now :)
    but thnx for useful info. i think this is not the last time i'm gona work with filer, so any advice is appreciated :thumb:

4. Omega.cro

hi guys, sory for not posting... have a lot of work for college

but i finally got the paints needed for case, so work can continue

[​IMG]

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I saw the word 'college' and a can pyramid.
    I assumed it was beer at first. :D

6. Omega.cro

not really :D

[​IMG]

i was taking the photo, not on it

7. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Are those pink panties in the hand of the gentlemen on the right-side? If so, that certainly explains the grin.

8. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

Tell the truth Langer you would be grinning as well, hmmmm panty`s....

Right fun put aside I had the same problem when i primed my aluminum panels, but i tried 2 sprayguns it seemed the bigger nozzle dint mist it fine enough and trough the more thicker layer i had air bubbles trapped in the paint layer, fixed it adjusting the needle.
    As you`re using spraypaint, perhaps experiment holding the can further back or closer for that matter.

9. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

i had the same problems with normal spraypainting, this is matter of temperature :) and "shake before use". this could be also matter of primer or time that lasted before adding next layer.

10. Omega.cro

@ HeXeN & The_Resetter
    if you are refering to those small holes after priming, as i said before... the problem is in the putty/filler
    the surface of putt/filler is not perfect and it had a bunch of miniature holes on it. i manadged to cover it with few extra layers of primer. no biggie

@Langer
    can't really remember... large quantities of pepsi can kick you just as hard as beer can
    don't try it though... morning side effects are somewhat worse :D

11. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

I can't help myself...

That's a hilarious pic! Quite a party! The guy on the left looks hammered!
    Love the rest of the mod pics too, where are you with this, it's been a while since the last post.

Am I the only one who was fooled into thinking that fire in the background was not a real fire, but rather one of those screensaver type fake fires?

12. Omega.cro

nope.... in the background is good old fashion fire :)

as for case project.... whell i got a little stuck with other things in life... but when i have the spare time i work on it.
    it's going slow... but still going

[​IMG] [​IMG]

that's all of the pictures i have for now... when i get somewhere with the case i'll post an update.
    panels on the pictures above are painted, but still need a lot of fine sanding and polishing

13. ModMinded

Thanks for the reply! It's looking good! I like that paint job, and how you've got all the pieces laid out in the first pic... I can really see how it'll fit together.

14. Omega.cro

the panels will be black on the edges and blood red in the middle and then on top of that red will go glossy black mesh cover.
    can't really put it together now, coz i have a lot of drawing on the panels.... i think it's gona look nice tough :)

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It's good to see you finally recovered from your caffeine hangover.:hehe:

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Very nice mod you started here! I was thinking - how many hdds you gonna use? You could put 2x120 radiator on the bottom of the case there, next to the PSU. Can you measure that space there? from the PSU to the front of the case? Is there 30cm? Swiftech 220mm rad would fit nicely I think...

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Wow this mod looks very promising! I gotta tell you that photo you have of the Dragon mod in your first post had me staring for ages! Such a beautiful setting for taking pics in, and it fits the look of the case perfectly. Good luck with your latest project, I know what it's like to not have a lot of time to work on a mod because of other commitments but you'll get there in the end! :)

18. ModMinded

Yeah when I first saw it I thought that he'd painted the sunset on...
    Anyhow, Omega.cro, sorry for resurrecting this when you're not ready! :D Just had to congratulate you on the stunning work.

Tags: