1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding IrDa module

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BigAl333, 25 Feb 2008.

1. BigAl333

BigAl333 What's a Dremel?

Hi, I’m building the following
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article.php?id=86
    My aim is to use my Hauppauge remote to wake my pc, Abit IC7-G, from suspend by making this module and powering it off the +5vsb. I have tried MCE remote, which I know can do this already but I didn’t get along with it as I’m used to the Hauppauge remote, plus I can use the module for other things.
    So I don’t damage the original hauppauge receiver cable, I will be plugging it into a female 2.5mm stereo jack. This cable has 3 connectors on it, tip = +5v (+5vsb), ring = IR_RX and collar = earth. The circuit diagram in the link caters for an IR_RX that has 2 connectors on it, how should I go about connecting my 3 pin IR_RX? If I connect GND to earth, I’m left with IR_RX and +5v, do I join these and connect to the capacitor and resistor, or the 5v direct to the 5v supply and the IR_RX to the cap and resistor? This may seem like a silly question but the RX point on the circuit diagram gets connected to the motherboard header.
    Thanks in advance

2. BigAl333

Anyone?

3. BigAl333

Has anyone else built a IrDa module? If so could tell me which one you built and i could try them and possibly ask you for assistance on it:D

4. BigAl333

anyone?

5. BigAl333

6. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

Have a look on my site for some ideas. I don't think the exact irda part is supplied any more.

Meblin

7. BigAl333

hey meblin, thanks for the suggestion but i got all the parts but couldnt figure out where to connect the wires, so its still on the shelf