1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Left 4 Dead pre-orders miss out on Complete Pack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Nov 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You know. Sometimes I am really glad I don't buy any Valve games.

3. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

On paper it sounds like a good deal, but most people already have all or most of these games. Certainly there is nothing here that begins to be worth the extra $50. Especially when my L4D pre-order cost me £20 ($32).

4. chiper136

chiper136 What's a Dremel?

Just played though the first movie of Left 4 Dead. Worth every penny. And TBH the percentage of people that pre-ordered left 4 dead but don't own any other valve games must be very small.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Honestly the only games from that pack i don't have are the early hl games and tbh they're not worth $50. So who doesn't own the orange box and went on to pre-order l4d?

6. bowman

bowman Minimodder

But.. I have every Valve game ever. As long as Blue Shift doesn't count.

7. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

They probably figure that if you pre ordered left 4 dead that early you already own at least half of the valve games already.

8. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

great package for someone new to steam and interested in the classics but not for me, am happy with my standalone L4D preorder

9. Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter What's a Dremel?

Valve are just flogging a dead horse now. They did the same thing with Half Life 2 on PC, then Orange Box etc.

It's getting a little long in the tooth now.

10. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

You sir, are missing out on some of the best games EVER!

I must admit this is the second time they have done something like this. But everything else they do I love. They still beat EA any day of the week.

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

really Harry.. I think you're making a big deal about nothing .. so Valve made a new pack of games that cost twice as much .. I don't see anything foolish about paying less than half for a brand new game ..especially as most people pre-ordering (I'd wager) already have a majority of those games

Last edited: 18 Nov 2008
  12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Because the people who preordered L4D for $50 don't already have all the Valve games they want

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

is it out already?

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I beg to differ.

I bought HL1, and yes, that was good. That said, the appeal of the games they cough out has gone down since that game. That's not to say they're bad games exactly, just that they do not appeal to me. I realise that my post came across a bit.. "Valve suck" but that's not what I meant :B

15. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I don't understand. I saw this on steam at least a week ago.... Actually the same time I pre-ordered if I remember correctly, which was three days before the demo came out.

Besides there's a lot of junk in there. Seriously, the valve Day of Defeat, Ricochet, HL: Deathmatch, TFC, CS:Condition Zero, good luck finding servers for those games. As much as I loved (I mean really loved) TFC, you can't play it anymore. Last time I checked on servers was about a year ago. I think there were 4 and all had mostly bots. And DoD died when valve took over let alone when the source version came out.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2008
  16. WildTangent

WildTangent What's a Dremel?

Besides L4D, I've already got every Valve game. I imagine most people that pre-ordered have more than a couple as well.

17. quack

quack Minimodder

I just looked at the contents of the Complete Pack and guess what... the only thing I don't actually own yet is Left 4 Dead.

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm I have had or played all of those games and the ones I play over and over I currently have installed so I dont know if thats worth it for me or not..... hmm ya I dont think I will go for the deal, sweet yes if it wasnt for the fact that at some point I owned all of those games ~_~

19. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep.
    Its a great deal for a newcomer, though.

20. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

I already have every valve game (except CS:CZ). Hell i even have a few extra copies of games, but this would be good for a new steam member...but then why would they have per-ordered it at all. Please save this article for when people complain about Valve not giving and discounts on old games. They have been offering the valve complete pack for around $100 for a few years now and they just keep adding games to it.