1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Liverpool FC themed Antec 300

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 13 Dec 2008.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Liverpool Case Mod *worklog*

Well another mod, another day and everythings coming in from well...everywhere.

Cutting disks are flying in from england, acrylic is coming from melbourne, liverpool scarfs are coming from NSW and so on. The whole mod is coming together and will eventually be ready for my mates birthday on the 10th of December. This is the worklog for that project, he doesnt know this case is being built for him and you dont know him so its all good.

Funding comes from 7 of my mates chipping in for the project and ive already gone over budget so im paying more in some regard, the aussie dollar drop made the spray paint, acrylic and case 3-5 dollars more expensive each and im cut, its bullsh*t to raise the price of these items especially since they were bought by the retail stores before the dollar dropped.

Businesses are obviously trying to hedge their future losses.

[​IMG]
    So, heres the initial plan, gives a brief overview of what to expect.

Plan: Well...acrylic window, the front "liver bird" will be stuck on acrylic, the rest is white and then theres the adidas stripes and logo. Liverpool will go across the bottom, spray painting that on will be a royal pain. Other than the visuals theres the challenge of doing cable management holes without his hardware present. I know roughly what holes i need to create, itll be interesting to see it all come together.

The scarf will go inside the case, ill run it through the dryer 3 or 4 times to get rid of any fluff.

[​IMG]
    Here be dragons, the sketches for the cut out points, the antec 300 uses steel, im already trying to figure out how many disks will die...

MOAR PICS!

[​IMG]
    I'll repost this image a few times so you guys can make a direct comparison of where im going with the mod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If you're wondering, 8 cutting disks met their fate....

Yes, I know a jigsaw is fairly cheap and I know that cutting straight lines with the dremel is extremely tedious. However, its done now and i wont have to worry about getting one till at least the next mod.

Just flying through the cutting part of the case, the wire management cutting will be in the next few days, im still trying to figure out what holes ill need or where ill go with the cable management.

I might do what I did with my antec 900 mod which was cut AROUND the entire bottom half and right hand side of the motherboard tray so it gave the impression the mobo was floating. All I did then was route the wires behind the tray and have them pop out wherever the hell I needed them too.

I guess you cant go wrong with that approach, besides losing alot of cutting disks....

10:30am, :p I started up the dremel at 7am, the neighbours are going to love me.

[​IMG]
    First coat, Now for the 1 to 2 day drying process... I know it wont take that long, but its horrid if you put a coat over when the first one isnt dry, just ruins everything...suddenly a slight fingerprint will embedd itself in your paint job...

[​IMG]
    I really recommend this stuff, its just quality....nice matte finish, even not too bad for a first coat.

Well not really, just my progression photos, trying to take the same photo with the same light in the same room with the case in the same place, im not perfect coz im using a cam phone to do this, but yeah you get the idea.

[img width]http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/Djayness/DSC00461.jpg[/img]
    [img width]http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/Djayness/DSC00486.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]
    The stripes begin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nice and straight

*shimmeh*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its all coming along!

Last edited: 13 Dec 2008
  2. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]
    The piece I need to cut....

[​IMG]
    Rigging it to the work bench

[​IMG]
    Sliced through like butter

[​IMG]
    The piece cut!

[​IMG]
    Perfect fit, unbelievable.

[​IMG]
    Now to mod the side bit so the acrylic will fit.

[​IMG]
    Again, used the jigsaw, great cut.

[​IMG]
    Used the spare acrylic to make a holder for the temperature monitor

[​IMG]
    Turned out well

[​IMG]
    Final layer of paint.

[​IMG]
    Putting on the final details

[​IMG]
    On goes the screen.

[​IMG]
    U-channel is a worthy investment, best visual effects for 2 dollars

[​IMG]
    The back gets another spray and quick dry with a fan and Brissy heat

[​IMG]
    Assembly

[​IMG]
    And we are almost done!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All thats missing is the front badge and the scarf, both should be here in the next few days.

Its always good to see things go to plan, the only problem was a budget blow out, I used 25 cutting disks before I decided to buy a jigsaw, spent on acrylic and metal blades for it, bought 7 cans of white spray paint, 2 cans of red, clamps, acrylic, postage, scarfs, temp monitors, liverpool badges....Modding is expensive.

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scarf is on!

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Case looks great, nicely done on the paint job.

Lol...but that's not what Montanna cans are for... do you have another hobby to share?
    It is great paint, it's very nice to use because it's low-pressure.

5. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Please file those edges, please?
    Otherwise fantastic theme and colors.

6. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Haha nah im not much of an artist with cans like those.

And to the other guy, the edges have been filed, why does everyone assume if you didnt take a photo in your worklog of you filing, that you must not have filed!

7. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

My mate just finished the install, he should post pics later.

8. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I was talking about making the edges perfectly smooth. It doesnt seem like it is, but I may be the pictures.

9. Stievius

Stievius Industrial Design Student

Nice theme, nice paintjob. They should sell this case in a white color too; it just matches perfectly.

10. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah its good in white. The 300 is a good case overall for a rather decent case mod. Not much room but for 80 AUD the case is a bargain and has some really good quality feel to it.

11. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

Nice job so far.

I have a 300 so looking for inspriration for when i get the funds to mod it.

Only problem with this mod is the theme. I'm a Manchester United fan. :clap:

12. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

I'm a FC Chelsea London fan :)