1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Guitar Hero: Metallica track list announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

No Whisky in the Jar - boooo

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Very meh list if you ask me. All the really fun stuff to play is off the first four (and arguably the last) album, and this barely includes any of them. No Creeping Death? Sanitarium? Four Horsemen? Blackened? Not even All Nightmare Long? Epic fail I'm afraid.

4. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Including tracks from Load and Reload???? At least they haven't put anything from the abomination that is St. Anger on there...

Where's Sanitarium?

Andy

5. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

I would have loved to bash through The Call of the Ktulu. Epic song!

Apart from that, good listing

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Enter Sandman
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Fuel
    Master of Puppets
    Nothing Else Matters
    Sad But True
    The Unforgiven
    No Leaf Clover (one of my favourites)
    Turn The Page (and another)
    = :rock:

Shame there's no Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Ktulu, Outlaw Torn, Sub-Human or One on there.

I can see why there's nothing from the new album on there (lost sales on the Death Magnetic GH3 download, but those will probably work in this version too).

7. salesman

salesman Minimodder

Yeah there is lacking a few... well a lot i would like to see, but just one would be harvester of sorrow. If that song were listed i would buy it in a heartbeat.

8. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Kyuss?? Demon Cleaner? Oh hell yes!! I never thought I'd see the day.

I agree that it's a pity that Fade to Black isn't there - probably my fav Metallica track. Outlaw torn would have been good too - a bit long though. But, no Blackened?!! Oh dear, they pretty much always play that live. Too much off Black imo, but all is forgiven for the Kyuss track. ;)

BTW, One is missing because it's in GH3. And from what I've read, the Death Magnetic songs are incorporated if you have got them downloaded .

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

metallica = awesome.

lack of some favourites = not awesome.

10. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

Why don't you pick up a guitar and start shreddin'?
    It's...almost that easy :)

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I really struggle to play Metallica lead, I get fustrated at how slow it is and always just end up shredding. My bad.

12. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

Oh look, someone wanna chalange Yngwie Malmsteem ;)

13. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

As a die hard metallica fan im sad to see so many better songs missing

Its a pretty fail list to be honest

14. ethanator

ethanator Waste not want not

agreed

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ahh, looking good so far, and I'm guessing this list is not complete. If it is then it is a very short game - shorter than Aerosmith even. Having great fun with GH:WT these days, and me and the GF are quite happily fretting our way through most songs on hard, many on expert and then there's Satch Boogie which we've only been able to finish on *cough*medium*cough*.

...and we're still unabel to hammer our way through Fire and Flames on anything above medium, and then with no more than three stars thus far. Frustrating, but we are getting better. :D

What I would really like to see though, is Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock - Drums Edition. That could be quite cool.
    Still, very excited about GH:Metallica.

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol, I would love to see Fatty Malmsteem cover Metallica, I imagine he'd manage four notes before he got fustrated and went into some stupid neo-classical shred-fest.

(for the record I actually rather like Yngwie, although far more as a demonstration of technical skill than actually good music)

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Not great songs but not some of the worst songs (St. Anger)

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

On a related note I am wondering about something in Guitar Hero.

Is it at all possible to finish a song getting just two, or even only one, star? A friend of mine, who has a tendency to exaggerate his own abilities somewhat, claimed to have finished Fire and Flames, but only with two stars. I've been playing Guitar Hero for about 7 months (more or less every day) and whilst I have gotten lots of three-star songs, I have never finished a song with just two - regardless of how badly I have played. This leaves me thinking one or two stars is not possible, and my friend was, again, exaggerating a bit to compensate for not being able to finish Fire and Flames.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I think it's possible you just have to finish the song hitting the bare minimum of notes (you only fail if the rating needle hits the far left of the gauge~).

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yes, and therein lies the rub. I have tried going for just "the bare minimum" in order to see if it was possible, but I am unable to finish the song when trying for two stars (or just one). Howevver, upon checking an FAQ site I found that hitting 64-70% of the notes should yield only one star, but this was for GH2 and then hitting 74% (which I did yesterday on the Metallica song on World Tour) should have given me two stars, but I got three.

Anyway, it's not really important as I have never been able to finish a song with less than three stars, and I am after all more interested in those golden ones (of which I've gotten two; Heartbreaker on World Tour, and Even Flow on Legends - both on hard).

Tags: Add Tags