1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'General' started by StU4rT, 28 Oct 2002.

1. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Well yoda...that is getting a bit heavy when religion comes into it...not a topic I like to discuss...I play the music and appreciated it...appreciate the artist...not worship them

2. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: Kurt Cobain

Oh FFS, please let's not descend into that debate.:rolleyes:

edit/ Oh, and to stay on topic: as was said earlier, Cobain and co. led the way to a new sound and achieved a broader audience than most music of that time. Whether you like it or not, respect has to go to them for that. /edit

3. penski

penski BodMod

no we wouldn't, nirvana were just a ripoff of bands that had gone before...they weren't even that good

cobain was a f**kup

not particularly talented

of the 'big four' the only ones that really touched me were AIC

if kurt hadn't been shot by grohl then nirvana would have faded away

hardly - for me there's virtually no feeling behind the song...slacker anthem...i just feel it lacks passion

*n

4. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Kurt's voice sounds like fingernails scraping a chalkboard to me. The music isn't much better. Naturally, thats just my opinion.

Perhaps if the radio didn't overplay the 2 songs on the album that made them big, I'd think differently.

5. penski

penski BodMod

abolish opinions - vote fascist!

*n

6. StU4rT

StU4rT What's a Dremel?

thankyou you 2 , elvis , people praise him because he was good , jesus , people praise him because he was a saint (apparently) , but kobain, he was no good and no point of priase the low life , wel no life to put it at that tbh :D , but i dont want people just going off there trollys and shouting at people just carm things down a bit in here.:nono:

7. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

*rotfl*

8. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Well can't say I've listened to much Nirvana, and I've only got "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on my MP3 list, their music is not quite my style (This coming from a guy who has Frank Sinatra on his playlist)

But as far as I can see one of the only good things that arose from the untimely demise of Kurt Cobain or Kurt Co-Bang as one of my friends insists on calling him is the fact that David Grohl (Or similar!) had the balls to be one of few drummers to make a name for himself after a band's demise. In fronting the Foo Fighters, "Generator" by the Foo Fighters is still my number 1 "Go away I'm ****ed off!" song! I do believe he's in another band now aswell? He is also part of the Tenacious D scene....

"So me and Kyle looked eachother, and we both said......... ok so we played the first thing that came to our heads that just so happened to be..." - Great :)

9. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Oh, and not wanting to start a war on the boards or anything but in a word, the greatest band ever-

Queen....

Just remember people. I own the world, cross me and I'l tell your mommie!!!! :D

10. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Nirvana were great when I was twelve. The music was so fitting... Thing is I can still whack on Nevermind, and at the right time it just does the job.

There's no point idolising Kurt. But the band made some good ****ing music, and there's no denying that! :rock: :rock: :rock:

11. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

i agree with yoda...whatever music makes one happy...

for me its mainly trance, yet i do not fail to recognize bands who do catch my attention, like the smashing pumpkins..:rock: :rock: :rock:

12. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

I like all manner of stuff, but ATM it's mainly Jungle, D'n'B and HHC. Still, Nirvana were a great band, and deserve respect... Deaded lead singer or not...

13. penski

penski BodMod

yes there bloody well is

*n

Last edited: 30 Oct 2002
  14. FL@MeS

FL@MeS What's a Dremel?

IMO Kurt changed the world. I live in his awe.

RIP K. Cobain

15. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Did he do that with a 12, or 6-gauge?

16. RTT

RTT #parp

Personally I don't like Nirvana [or grunge] but I can appreciate that they were a legend.

17. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

well said brotha'.. i've always said that Nirvana is what pretty much created the age of 'Alternative' music.. not to mention, they were not in it for the money as a lot of more recent bands.. they managed to stay underground longer than almost any other mainstream act.. thats something to commend..

amen

-scoob8000

18. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

The music of Nirvana was OK, I never thought it was drastically changing anything. I REALLY have a hard time feeling sympathetic for ANYBODY that bitches about being famous and and 'they just want to play their music' and 'not be in the spotlight' so they blow their freakin head off.

Tell ya what buddy, gimme all the money you make, go live in a box and play your music and I'll be just FINE livin large.

19. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

Not to defend his actions in any way. . . but would you also take the stomach illness, ***** wife and heroine addiction? :D :D

Again, i'm not a sympathizer.

20. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

There was always excuses and it was stated that this was b/c he couldn't deal with success and never wanted the band to be famous, that he 'just wanted to play'. It's all excuses, if you can't handle the fame, don't try to get big and sell records. Live in a van down by the river and sing Kumbaya till your hearts content. But don't make alot of money, have tons of fans that make you rich, and then bitch about it. It's BS as far as I'm concerned, and they can make all the excuses they want for him. He was ****ed up and blew his head off.