1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master Sniper

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 12 Jan 2009.

1. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

gahh! What were they thinking :(

2. Berk

Berk Where's the Hammer?

MASSIVE KNOB!

ahem. Sorry, but what the hell is with that thing? It's pig ugly, 4 times bigger than it needs to be, and draws attention to the equally horrible power button.

Oh, and those feet? Anyone remember those Fiendish Feet yoghurts that came in pots with monster faces and feet? That's what they remind me of.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Last edited: 14 Jan 2009
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep - CM Storm range has three models coming - the Sniper is just the first. We'll be reviewing all 3 in time :)

5. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

I'm still wondering about the test method: the passive graphics card has it's cooling on the other side than usual. Doesn't that make the results versy specific for this configuration? most people have a card with the cooler facing away from the cpu cooler, and that could make quite a difference. And maybe even significant in case design. So maybe this card is just not the average one and thus giving strange results?

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I agree with Bluefan, I think most of the people use a active cooled Videocard and not a passive. I think a passive videocard should be used for testing in for example a HTPC case. Or test both. you must have at least a box full of active cooled videocards in the BT test department you can use.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But by design, it relies on case airflow to predominantly cool it so it's a better gauge of the case rather than any graphics card specifically.

8. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

True, but it depends on the airflow near the cpu cooler and not near the expansion slots, where most graphics cards need the fresh air.

9. rip97000

rip97000 What's a Dremel?

i'm wondering what the performance would be with all of the fans installed?

10. glenster

glenster glenster

Is it as cool as the HAF 932 with the side fan installed and does that fan have a filter?

11. Blackwhite

Blackwhite What's a Dremel?

I tried many options and the best seems to be 2x120 intake fans on side of case, one on the bottom + 2x200 front and top + 120mm rear fan.
    The 200 mm fans are set at minimum (500 rpm) exhaust rear fan at 1000 rpm, 2x120mm intake fans on side at 600 rpm nad botom one at 600 rpm as well.Now is cool and quiet.

glenster - there are dust filters.

BTW - anybody tried put 240 or 360 rad on the top of case?Is it possible?

12. P965

P965 Phenom II 965 Black 3.4GHz 8MB

The new Sniper Black comes with a 200mm side fan.

13. leslie

leslie Just me!

If only more thought this way.

Tags: Add Tags