Windows Doom III in-game screenshots!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DJMyst, 4 Nov 2002.

1. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I found these elsewhere on the web, and so as not to try and pimp another forum, I will list them as such

EDIT: Link removed b/c thread closed at other website

:D:D:D:D:D Should keep the mods happy.

I do have to say though that they look AWESOME!!! I can't wait for this game!!!

EDIT: I hate to say this, but [H] has some DAM picky mods over there. They listed about testing with D3 on the FRONT PAGE, but all threads about D3, or screenshots, are being closed and removed. What's up with that????

Last edited: 8 Nov 2002
  2. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Hah, wow.

That looks really cool.

Although it's my doubts that will run that well on ANY currently existing hardware... :hehe:

I enjoyed the Doom series, so I'd love to play this baby, if they ever release it.... :waah:

3. Arcane

Arcane Minimodder

of course we all know that the e3 demo has been leaked....:eeek:

380 megs of demo...:D

it's so seksee

of course, i would report anyone that I knew that had a pirated copy of the demo to ID...god forbid we get our grubby hands on it before it's release....ok...nuff said, I gotta go play...uh...something. buh bye

4. Thermite

Thermite What's a Dremel?

dude that game is creepy as hell! You shoot the guys, but they don't die! EEK!! its like resident evil! and resident evil is the only game to ever scare me!eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk
    /me runs for cover

I really hate it when things can't stay dead, zombies freak me out

5. Arcane

Arcane Minimodder

even worse are the creatures similar to the lickers in resident evil...the blasted things see you from across the room and *BAM!* they are on you slicin' n dicin' and staining the floor with your vital fluids.
    :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

6. Thermite

haha no kidding. I've got that game for GameCube. I played it for 2 hours, and almost sh#t my pants! I was so scared i couldn't play! I'm gunn have to wait for the gameshark to comeout so i can play it and kill all the monsters with the flamethrower and rocket launcher in the first level :)

...man the effects on the Cube are AMAZING

7. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I've heard all the stories about people saying that this leaked version of Doom III is running like crap but you MUST remember, this is ver 0.02 if I'm correct and is A FAR CRY from the very polished and optimised release version. I have no doubt that it will be the most taxing game for current h/w when it's released but I'm gonna hold my thoughts and opinions until they officially release a demo and the retail version. WHICH I CAN"T WAIT FOR!!!! AHHHH!!! MUST............HAVE..............DOOM.............III:D:D:D:D

8. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I know what you mean, I like leaked games, as then I can see and maybe play a bit of what's done so far, I like seeing the progress of it all. But what I hate is those that get a leaked game and then play it, seeing as it runs like ass, since it's in it's building stages with no optimization or anything, then they bash it, and make a bunch of stupid comments about a game before everyone else can even play it, which hurts sales of a game, and it's acceptance into the market and community, since everyone's read that review of that guy who played it and said it ran like **** on a top spec system, blah, blah....

9. [GiB]Grey M@a

[GiB]Grey M@a What's a Dremel?

well from seeing the alpha running, it looks impressive, the thing that gets me is that there are hundreds of people on other forums complaining cos it is buggy and runs at low FPS

what do they expect, it is only the second alpha :p live with it, you got it for nowt, or wait till the demo or the code is gold before making your decisions :)

10. [GiB]Grey M@a

[GiB]Grey M@a What's a Dremel?

oh another thing, you have to remember that this is the second version of compiled code, there is only a smidgon of the added features and nothing is optermized as yet. you have to remember that this game is no where near completion or even the demo stage, as the game is due for release in the second or third quater of next year, they still have anything from 5 - 9 months to complete this, but as the saying goes,

"all good things come to those who wait"

start saving for those new FX cards to run it in UBER detail :) this game with tax every resource available :) by then the nv30 should be about and hopefully will drop in price :) we can all dream eh :p

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

looks so sweet :eeek:

12. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I actually read on another forum where a guy had cheated to give himself extra weapons not actually programmed yet, and was bitching b/c they were Q3 weapons!!!! DUH Mr. Dumb*** ID used the Q3 weapons as placeholders for the rocket launcher and chainsaw and this ID10T thought they were the actual weapons that were gonna be in the final release!!!! How stupid come some people be. It amazes me every day that these people can even remember to BREATHE, much less carry on a normal life. :eeek:

13. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Lol :lol:

14. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

O.k., I need some explaining. I saw a review of the new Unreal Tournament that said it was a bad game because it wasn't as graphically pretty as Doom 3 and it doesn't play as well as Doom 3 will. And just about everybody and their dog is saying that Doom 3 will be the greatest game ever made.

I don't get it. This was when there was only screen shots, now an early alpha. While early alpha is shipping state for some games now, I really don't care enough to download the leak.

I'm looking forward to another Doom with modern hardware. I just wish id wasn't making it.

I'm not trying to crap on the thread, I'm just trying to understand why this will be the greatest game ever based on a handfull of screenshots.

15. Thermite

well, i personally don't think that it will change FPS' like Half-Life did, but it should be a major step forward. Mainly in graphical terms, but hopefully there should be some excellent gameplay features too.

16. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Well I think most people are just really anxious to play this game because it's the newest int eh line of the Doom series, a very popular game, and because it looks really good, and of course people use the ever famous "This game will be the best game EVAR." What you don't see though is that after that it says "Until the next one comes out that is..." It's an exageration to give it more umpf.

Personally I don't think it will be the best game evar. Nothing will ever beat my Azumanga Daioh Beach Volleyball game. That game r0x0rz j00 b0x0rz.

Although I do look forward to playing it, as the other Doom series were very good, and it does look like a nice game.

I hope that helps you a bit Fronzel, in understanding the mental capacity of the geek.

17. Thermite

hehe, i think he's just bein the devil's advocate, and its nice to have one every once in a while :)
    I personally can't wait till BMX XXX comes out :)

18. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

OMFG it` looks wicked, im sure u all agree.

ROFLMAO at the in game action shot with 8FPS. :p

19. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I'm sure it won't revolutionize FPS like Half-Life did, but it the main point of Doom III is the graphical standpoint. It's going to pave the way for more graphically intense games with the per-pixel damage system, interactive environments, true lighting, etc. It's already benn stated that there will be no 'USE' key in the game and you will haev to collect keys to open doors, just like the in the first 2 Doom games, but Carmack has said they want this to be a very immersive game and they want the suspense and scare-factor to be #1. Not to mention it's first game with true Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. :D:D:D:D:D:D

20. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

Wicked Thnx for the info :D

Tags: